Au contraire mon frère!

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
Had a crazy Gasp-like idea last night. Dual Stomps. 1 in the front and 1 in the loop.

Ran the pot-less Strat through the Stomp into the front of the BL. Turned off the pad but made some impedance adjustments and took a bit of the bite off of things. The Boctaver was killer but contrary to popular opinion; I really don't find the drives that compelling compared to the Thorpy, OCD clone or my Mosky Turds in the Rough (Klean boost and Rat turd).

Any drive recommendations that have a bit more oomph? Little bit of fatness to the proceedings would be good. I might try using one of the preamps as a dirt box and see how that goes :unsure:

The ODR-1 and clones have to be the fattest drives known to humanity, no?

Could get yourself a Wampler Belle. I'm still loving mine 😃

(It's all about that that bass knob)

The ODR-1 and clones have to be the fattest drives known to humanity, no?

Could get yourself a Wampler Belle. I'm still loving mine 😃

(It's all about that that bass knob)
No I have great real world OD pedals. I am wanting to find something that trips the trigger in my Stomp OD lineup. It probably won't happen and that's no black mark on the Stomp at all.

Oops sorry JT. I only just realised that you're asking for digital within-Stomp recommendations.

Don't have my Stomp anymore, but I used to enjoy the simple EP Booster with a touch of gain to fatten (so more than just a boost)

Had a crazy Gasp-like idea last night. Dual Stomps. 1 in the front and 1 in the loop.

AKA the poor man's 4-cable method? :LOL:

Any drive recommendations that have a bit more oomph? Little bit of fatness to the proceedings would be good. I might try using one of the preamps as a dirt box and see how that goes :unsure:

The Alpaca Rouge (Way Huge Red Llama) has this weird bite that i cannot seem to get out of other Helix models, but it's a very specific sound. If you click with it, though...

My least favourite thing about ALL digital modeling platforms?? The dirtboxes/stomps/overdrives/fuzzes. :idk

Every last one!

Can get some servicable tones and impact..... but never had a wow me moment with any virtual stomp.
Agree completely. There are some good ones in a number of these boxes but that tactile thing that some yelling YouTuber tells me makes no actual difference is a pretty big deal to me.

The JHS Andy Timmons Plus (AT+) has a fat switch to boost up the mids, or it's great as a transparent drive. I also liked my Euphoria.
I've moved to this small pedal maker(on Reverb) in the mid west Critter electronics. He has his own slant on Klones, Screamers, and Bluesbreakers. I've been very happy. All ~$110 or so.

I can’t wait until this turns into ‘Stomp 1in front of the Mk VII, FM9 in the loop of Stomp 1, Stomp 2’s loop is feeding an FM3 that has a Line 6 Guitar Port in the loop because I dig the reverb in Amp farm. I also put a Mesa C90 in our PA system to help even things out” :rofl

I can’t wait until this turns into ‘Stomp 1in front of the Mk VII, FM9 in the loop of Stomp 1, Stomp 2’s loop is feeding an FM3 that has a Line 6 Guitar Port in the loop because I dig the reverb in Amp farm. I also put a Mesa C90 in our PA system to help even things out” :rofl
Yeah just A/B'd and real drives are where it's at. The most impressive thing above that is the Boss OC-5 I picked up. Super impressed \m/

If getting what you need out of the Stomp (vs an additional dirt pedal) is a priority, maybe try stacking a boost or a very mild comp with whichever OD is closest to what you’re looking for?

It is tough, though. When I fell for the Iommi boost, it was immediately obvious that the Stomp’s treble booster wouldn’t/ couldn’t replace it.

Yeah I was just being dumb. I'd need a second Stomp for this "plan" to go through and and it's a bust 30 minutes after conception :rofl

Yeah just A/B'd and real drives are where it's at. The most impressive thing above that is the Boss OC-5 I picked up. Super impressed \m/

I borrowed an OC-2 when I was in middle school and kept it on the whole weekend, it drove my dad up the wall. :rofl

And yeah, I have to prevent myself from A/B’ing too much. When my uncle was over and we started comparing Fractal’s OCD against the real one I immediately realized what I was getting myself into and haven’t done it since.

I just swapped in my @James Freeman ApprovedTM Silver Horsie Amazon Klone Turd and that motherfunker is KILLER. I always mean to dig up the info on what not horrific poverty brand that this is based on and add it to the board.

You lost me after pot-less.
cheech GIF

Back