ATTN: JIVETURKEY!!! CALLING JIVETURKEY!!!!!!!!!

@JiveTurkey Sooooooo. I have some questions about the SY-200. The 300 and 1000 are way more than I'm looking to spend.

The manual sucks (NO WAY!), it doesn't say if the single output jack is mono or TRS stereo. Any idea on that.

Rather than getting an ABY pedal or somesuch, would it work OK in the FX loop of the FM9.

The midi jacks are the mini TRS kind. What do I need to use the FM9 to change programs on the 200?

I was hoping I could just keep it in the loop all the time and bring it in and out on a patch by patch basis? Is that realistic?

Other thought very welcome.

I need a nap. Thanks :D

You can find a sy-300 around $300 range if you wait for a bit and be well worth to get over the sy-200 for sure. The sy-200 allows like 5% worth of tweaking compared to all of the tweaking you can desire with the sy-300.

You can find a sy-300 around $300 range if you wait for a bit and be well worth to get over the sy-200 for sure. The sy-200 allows like 5% worth of tweaking compared to all of the tweaking you can desire with the sy-300.
Cool. Thanks for the reply. The 300 is $899 new. With the prices of gear these day I'm shocked that they would go that low. Would Reverb be the best place to look for used ones? For even $400 it would be a no brainer. But with an FM9 on the way, 4 bills would be the absolute limit for me.

Thanks again.

Cool. Thanks for the reply. The 300 is $899 new. With the prices of gear these day I'm shocked that they would go that low. Would Reverb be the best place to look for used ones? For even $400 it would be a no brainer. But with an FM9 on the way, 4 bills would be the absolute limit for me.

Thanks again.
Fuck all that $899 crap. Used for 4 bills is where it's at. Brock knows what's up \m/ The 200 and the 1 are dead to me*

*Unless we are referring to SY1 wedged into the "not fire sale enough for this guy" used GS-1 @Boudoir Guitar and @Yeky83 talked me out of this AM

@JiveTurkey Sooooooo. I have some questions about the SY-200. The 300 and 1000 are way more than I'm looking to spend.

The manual sucks (NO WAY!), it doesn't say if the single output jack is mono or TRS stereo. Any idea on that.

Rather than getting an ABY pedal or somesuch, would it work OK in the FX loop of the FM9.

The midi jacks are the mini TRS kind. What do I need to use the FM9 to change programs on the 200?

I was hoping I could just keep it in the loop all the time and bring it in and out on a patch by patch basis? Is that realistic?

Other thought very welcome.

I need a nap. Thanks :D
Sorry. Was working on my Weekly Challenge submission :satan

Midi block in the FM, a midi to trs and a Utility(been a bit since I switched midi stuff from FAS) to change presets on the 200. It would work fine in the FM. You could bring it in or blend it in a number of ways. I use expression pedal for blending synths into my signal chain on whatever device and FAS stuff is no different.

You should be able to use the Send as a dry send to FM9 input then send the output of the SY200 to one of the FM inputs. I had the 1 for about 10 minutes but never the 200. You aren't kidding on those 300 prices. Jesus Christ I have had a couple of them used for $350-$400 :wat I would say get a 200 from somewhere with a generous return policy and allow yourself some testing time.

Thanks again.

Yeah i've been through like 4 of those sy-300's and i've always picked them up excellent shape for around $400 or less. I got one now I got for $300.

Sorry. Was working on my Weekly Challenge submission :satan

Midi block in the FM, a midi to trs and a Utility(been a bit since I switched midi stuff from FAS) to change presets on the 200. It would work fine in the FM. You could bring it in or blend it in a number of ways. I use expression pedal for blending synths into my signal chain on whatever device and FAS stuff is no different.

You should be able to use the Send as a dry send to FM9 input then send the output of the SY200 to one of the FM inputs. I had the 1 for about 10 minutes but never the 200. You aren't kidding on those 300 prices. Jesus Christ I have had a couple of them used for $350-$400 :wat I would say get a 200 from somewhere with a generous return policy and allow yourself some testing time.
Thanks man. I'll be spending some time getting up to speed with the FM9. I'm good with the original Axe-Edit, so that's a good start. But the current gen is a lot more sophisticated for a cave man like me. Not looking to do the complicated stuff you do. Just want to add some textures to the guitar tones mainly. Sounds like a used 300 is the way to go. I'm in no hurry.

Thanks. If you see one cheap that you don't want I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know.

$469 or make offer!

"Up for sale is a Boss SY-300 Advanced Guitar Syntheszier
Comes as pictured with OEM Power supply and Free Shipping! This was rarely used and is in what i consider MINT Condition!USA SHIPPING!"

My only gripe right now is that the sy-300 driver doesn't work for windows 11. Therefore can't use the tonestudio to transfer or save presets. Boss is taking their slow ass time getting one out. I made almost 200 presets for it and I can't even load them back in mine :\ or make more and transfer to my computer.

Thanks guys. This seems doable as far as finding them at a good price. My FM9 is listed as shipped, and I'll be focusing on that for a while.
FWIW; the FAS synth options are actually DAMN good. Only "drawback" is they are monophonic. Tones are :chef So you'll have something to work with from the jump.

My only gripe right now is that the sy-300 driver doesn't work for windows 11. Therefore can't use the tonestudio to transfer or save presets. Boss is taking their slow ass time getting one out. I made almost 200 presets for it and I can't even load them back in mine :\ or make more and transfer to my computer.
USB-Midi adapter is the one, set your Tone Studio settings to the midi adapter and you should be all good.

USB-Midi adapter is the one, set your Tone Studio settings to the midi adapter and you should be all good.

Hmm, i think i tried that and nothing worked. Will have to check again.

Are you meaning just usb from boss to computer, or 5-pin midi out to usb in on computer?

Back