Artificial Intelligence (AI) Discussion Thread

James Freeman

Rock Star
AI discussion thread, share your thoughts, predictions, fears, anticipations, opinions, videos, ChatGPT experience, etc. here.

This is the decade where AI will become conscious in my opinion, a lot is going to change for the human race, the gap between the haves and the have-nots is going to become monumental, AI will create money from nothing, jobs that require non-physical labor will diminish.

I though this video might be interesting.
Mo Gawdat is the former chief business officer for Google X.

Last edited:
I used to pose a thought experiment, twenty years back. I just remembered it now

Imagine a machine was made that could produce anything with no resource needs. Just, as much as was needed. Food, goods, desirables of any kind. It's magic and can totally provide for all Humanity.

Would we just let people use it, or would the owner make people pay to access it? If the latter, given that the machine could monopolise and destroy any industry it wanted... What would happen to most of us? Given that money would be rendered meaningless (what need would the owner of such a machine have for coin?) It seems to me that most people would be totally fucked. Truly gifted ones might be able to sell their time and ideas and live as slaves, but most people would have nothing to offer, and would probably starve on the streets.

Uncharted territory, we have no way to know we can only speculate, could be good could be bad but it is scary

A few thoughts in what I've seen, read and somewhat observed (of people). I don't intentionally interact with any of it and feed the algo/learning library.

As far as ChatGPT...It was taught to lie fairly early on (and continues to learn how to do it situationally)

Certain AI can already somewhat take a brain scan and reproduce what is being seen or thought about while that brain scan was taken, it makes some slight errors, but is eerily accurate - picture this in a corporate environment with HR analyzing the data live. Second Bad scenario - Minority Report. This same tech has already demonstrated "Theory of Mind". Reading body language cues and properly interpreting what that person is thinking, mood etc. Combine these two scenario's and ask yourself this question... does it seem like the populace around the planet are becoming more free and having more opportunities to prosper or the opposite? Now apply this type of AI to that scenario.

The learning ability of the learning models and ingesting the data is pretty amazing from a technical perspective. There are issues with the some the data made available. One AI program studied a data set on Chemistry and was at Highly skilled research-level chemist understanding in under 4 months IIRC. Cool... The first issue is that it made it's data available to the public related to creating a Nerve Agent from fairly available chemicals you can get between and Ag store and most Walmarts available to hundreds of millions of people worldwide.

I see a potential for a similar situation to rules on use and technology of the internet and trying to play catch up after the fact - governments will never proactively head off issues and put legislation in place to protect the populace, their data or whatever version of freedom of speech, thought or whatever is recognized in that country. There are 3 potential drivers there....1. Politician's don't understand the potential issues. 2. It benefits them to not address the issues. Or a combination of both....I won't go into any deeper discussion around this part because it's starts entering political discussion.

The learning ability of this AI is exponential and faster than originally anticipated. While it was originally thought that making the transition from AI to AGI (Artificial General Intelligence) would take at least until 2030 (Odd that that date keeps coming up around different topics :facepalm ) it's now estimated that most AI will reach AGI before12 to18 months.

4618798c-e050-4a0a-827a-85f8411c88cf_text.gif

Great post @mavrick102000

The learning ability of this AI is exponential and faster than originally anticipated. While it was originally thought that making the transition from AI to AGI (Artificial General Intelligence) would take at least until 2030 (Odd that that date keeps coming up around different topics) it's now estimated that most AI will reach AGI before12 to18 months.
Sooner than we expect and definitely sooner than we know how to fully control it for the greater good of human kind.
Imagine the government, the elite and mega corporations using AI first as guidance than letting it control operations to manipulate and squeeze every last dollar and freedom from the people.
It might seem pessimistic on my side but I firmly believe AI is going to be used and controlled by people like Klaus Schwab and his green skinned friends (metaphorically speaking) to aid their big plans for us all.

AI, or more accurately machine learning, is at a point where it's putting out the right looking responses but there's nobody in the driver's seat. So it's at a level where you could have it replace politicians.

At best it's a useful assistant for various things, at worst it's going to be a disinformation machine where it's hard to tell if you are interacting with a bot or human online when the writing style looks plausibly real.

The more detailed legal-news-outlet version of the story I read is the firm had missed payment on their case law search tool, so he thought ChatGPT could do his legal research for him and...because they didn't have their usual case-law database he couldn't look up the cases to read for himself, but was under the impression that it really wasn't needed.

Sooner than we expect and definitely sooner than we know how to fully control it for the greater good of human kind.
Imagine the government, the elite and mega corporations using AI first as guidance than letting it control operations to manipulate and squeeze every last dollar and freedom from the people.
It might seem pessimistic on my side but I firmly believe AI is going to be used and controlled by people like Klaus Schwab and his green skinned friends (metaphorically speaking) to aid their big plans for us all.
As with everything powerful, it's the people pulling strings that are the real danger.

This is no different.

We'd agree on this. Teaching it to lie is a clue that rarely indicates it being an attempt to be as scientifically accurate as possible.

Add in AI generated deep fake that will be undetectable by the general public, and people won't even know what is real any longer is one example.

Next logical step beyond that... Ask yourself this question, Has any Social Media actually created a better more cooperative society, or has society become more divided/tribal? The scenario above could easily cause that to completely go off the rails compared to societies /governments before social media and after.

Also the AI for Social media was a fetus compared to the technology being leveraged now and it's not being used solely for marketing and advertising revenue - that's the side hustle.

I'll have to try to look for the numbers again, but initial Facebook, Instagram, Twitter user adoption (sign up and use). Was initially measured over years to attain the # of people logging into ChatGPT in less that 1 week world wide, it was like 10 billion unique users in that timeframe. Naturally many were curious about the tech. The issue is even simple or silly search items is teaching the learning language models far more than most people can really comprehend.

Like with any big move in technology, jobs will be lost/replaced. How much and where will take far less time than the Strategic Outsourcing Model of the Mid-Late 90's, which really started to take on a new life form globally around 2005. Imagine that much change to the workforce across all industries globally in less than 20% of the that time.

I'll take this scenario a step further....How quickly has corporate America been hopping on the Cloud/SaaS bandwagon?

Big Tech owns those data centers, they're linked for High Availability Geographic Failover to keep systems up and running for DR purposes. Much of the adoption was pushed initially because Company boards and "Shareholders'/ the big market players said you need to reduce costs. Now corporate America and it's officers have completely drank the Kool-Aid and it's usually the first thought in cost reduction,.

It's actually a massive revenue stream for big tech, you lose leverage in contract negotiations because they're essentially take it or leave it conditions and pricing continues to rise. And not all corporations can solve this by having massive layoffs - many are already running on thin staffing models. What's the solution? Automation first, now that buzzword is becoming AI - it's the new flavor of Kool-Aid - Likely mixed by Rev. Jim Jones and people keep drinking it. They don't have much choice because like Corporations, they bought into the lie, that one can take on huge debt burdens in the name of growth and everything is going to be fantastic -until it's not. And NOT is getting closer each passing day.

What's the old saying??? The Debtor is a Slave to the lender....hmmm someone should have written that down somewhere so we would remember that.

In a scenario that James Freeman describes above the desired outcome is a single source of all governance globally (publically available information for decades with general timelines and the overall plan), that would include the governing bodies owning all industry.

How better to take over all industry than to have all the data at a know location, in the same flavor Kool Aid Applications like SAP, Microsoft, Cisco, Palo Alto etc products?

The corporate mentality is simply history repeating itself. People think they can make a bunch of money, play the game according to the Goon Rules, and will be accepted by the big player's and will live better lives than the rest of the people. They might want to read about The Night of the Long Knives and observe the similarities in that false assumption and what led up to it.

Last edited:
Being a little older than some on this forum, I can remember seeing "War Games" at the theater (remember those?) in ~82 or 83. The original "Terminator" was out the next year.

The respective plot's: AI was put in charge of strategic defense in both instances, and I can recall Alien (the Ridley Scott one), having the same type of "control" on display by those with the money, and those with the power (known as the "company") - and don't they seem to go hand in hand.

I shuddered last year when a certain Asian Super-Power stated that AI would become part of that nation's strategic defensive response.

Good or bad, humans just love to make their dreams come true.

Might be an out-there view (though recent events have had some trying very hard to disprove my theory), humanity hasn't as yet endured another world war to weed out or take advantage of those, that the one's with money and power don't want, or need anymore -my fear is AI is used for an alternative.

AI can be easily misused to turn us against each other. It's "divide and conquer" for those in control - whilst fighting amongst ourselves, we take our eyes off what is really happening. More Orwellian than we've ever been.

Back