Any Widespread Panic Players Here?

For now, here's 6 versions, around 3:45 each, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100 BPM (I know you can stretch them yourself, but this went very quickly).

Why do you think so? And is it your phrasing or rather your articulation? Or both?
Just to make sure:
Phrasing = tonal choices, rhythmic choices, partially dynamic choices, can be played on pretty much all instruments.
Articulation = Instrument based tonal shapings (bends, slurs, slides, anything guitar related in this case).

And well, even if your phrasing and/or articulation suck (which I have no idea about), the good thing is, that (unlike with any kind of fretboard wizardry) you can improve on it at any age and with not all *that* much effort. At least for phrasing that is true.
Ever thought about pickups? Not the things to grab your guitar tone but musical pickups - as in some little lines anticipating whatever target notes? In case you haven't, IMO that'd be a great place to start, especially as there's little technical stuff involved (at least for a start).

Are you using a modeler with onboard interface? Well, it actually doesn't matter much. As long as you can make things heard when you play, you could as well just record with a smartphone.

Probably a little of both phrasing and articulation, plus leaving space. I notice a lot of what I consider tasteful playing has spots with nothing but the rhythm section. in and out with the soloing so to speak.

For pickups are you referring to notes before or leading into a root or target note? If not, maybe a better description is needed.

Yes, I have a Stomp XL, so I assume I can record in a DAW. Just have to play with it and see.

Thanks for the tracks, I'll start working on something this week and let you hear it when I put it together. I'll record on my phone worst case scenario.

Thanks a lot for the help and suggestions.

For pickups are you referring to notes before or leading into a root or target note? If not, maybe a better description is needed.

Precisely. When you analyze the playing of some folks, you will very often notice how they anticipate target notes - and it's a pretty efficient way of getting some "plausibility" into your playing. I'll try to come up with some examples tomorrow or so.

Precisely. When you analyze the playing of some folks, you will very often notice how they anticipate target notes - and it's a pretty efficient way of getting some "plausibility" into your playing. I'll try to come up with some examples tomorrow or so.
Sounds good!

Back