Andy Summers chorus settings anyone?

cragginshred

Roadie
Tried this in the Fractal forum with no luck. We may be covering the Police tune 'The world is running down' and I'm looking for a chorus setting.

Serious question. Despite being a great song in it's own right; why this song out of all the Police songs? I LOVE The Police but have struggled since the beginning of time to find a song of theirs we can do justice that makes sense in a cover band.

Serious question. Despite being a great song in it's own right; why this song out of all the Police songs? I LOVE The Police but have struggled since the beginning of time to find a song of theirs we can do justice that makes sense in a cover band.
I would not have picked it, but bassist who is a master Jedi suggested it. 3 chords so it will not take much time to put it together.

I would not have picked it, but bassist who is a master Jedi suggested it. 3 chords so it will not take much time to put it together.
It's a great tune. The Police are in my top 10. I have just never been able to figure out a song that a crowd would like in a dance environment. Easy add on the guitars and the groove is great.

It's a great tune. The Police are in my top 10. I have just never been able to figure out a song that a crowd would like in a dance environment. Easy add on the guitars and the groove is great.
I like them more the older I get and Sting too. In the 80's I saw them as just another radio oriented band.
I also am curious as to how this will go over live. Not really a dance groove but ya never know :idk

Oh I've always loved them. Saw the reunion tour :chef

Sting is great too but I understand why people don't dig him. Saw him in Red Rocks in the wayyyy early 99s and it was amazing as well.

I've suggested Roxanne a few times (where I do my best Eddie Murphy) but the band hasn't taken the bait just yet :unsure::ROFLMAO:

I'd love to do Man In A Suitcase or Canary in a Coalmine or Bring On the Night or insert every song but Mother here. Report back with how it goes once you've played it out!

Summers mostly used a flanger (EHX Elextric Mistress) for "chorus", so try the Deluxe Mystery model in the flanger block.

Yeah, learning he was largely using a flanger and not a chorus was mind blowing. I have patches called “Police” on every platform I’m on, all with a healthy dose of chorus effects. :facepalm

Ive considered buying the new EHX Walking On The Moon flanger out of reverence for his tone.

Sting is great too but I understand why people don't dig him. Saw him in Red Rocks in the wayyyy early 99s and it was amazing as well.

I've suggested Roxanne a few times (where I do my best Eddie Murphy) but the band hasn't taken the bait just yet :unsure::ROFLMAO:

I'd love to do Man In A Suitcase or Canary in a Coalmine or Bring On the Night or insert every song but Mother here. Report back with how it goes once you've played it out!
JT you guys don't film/record your shows? Id love to watch those
I love cover bands, when was young I was always in the bars on the weekends that had bands and back in da day there were many
Unlike today
:confused:

Man in a suitcase.

If you could arrange King of Pain to get to the kick-in-the-pants part a little quicker? Probably prods a little too much in the beginning for general cover band purposes.

Synchronicity I >>>>>>> II. :sofa
YESSSSSSSSSSS
I Want It All GIF by Big Brother

I've been breaking balls to get Roxanne added for years now!

Any lull in practice and what do I break out? :LOL:

Only Police song I have ever done in a band in front of a crowd. It went over pretty well. Sing-a-longs
with words no one needed to recall are eazy peazy for ALL humans. :rofl

Back