A modeler through a IR and "FRFR" speaker cannot sound like the same modeler through a 4x12 cabinet.

A modeler through a "FRFR" speaker cannot sound like the same modeler through a 4x12 cabinet.

• I own a modeler and a 4x12 and I agree.

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • I own a modeler and I agree.

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • I own a 4x12 and I agree.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not own a modeler or a 4x12 and I agree.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I own a modeler and 4x12 and invite you over to show it does while we have tea and biscuits.

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I thought She-Hulk was dumb, but I still liked it.

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

Lopp

Roadie
A modeler through a "FRFR" speaker cannot sound like the same modeler through a 4x12 cabinet in person.

Prove me wrong.

I own a modeler and a 1x12 and I agree. Not sure if that gives me the pass to give my opinion, but I believe a modeler through a cab beats IR + "FRFR" any day.

Is She Hulk any good? Does she emasculate hetero men and consume dicks? If so, that is right up my alley. :LOL:
Ask Daredevil :banana
1666092502012.png

***or an ""FRFR"" beyond a Headrush 108 or Mustang filled with an fx12.
That Mustang (which isn't loaded with an F12, thank you very much :hmm :grin ) STILL kicks butt. I have gotten away from "recommending" it but I'll sing that mufukka's praises foreva!
I own a Modeler and 2 "FRFR"'s never owned an amp and Cabinet so I would not know
and nor would i ever be able to afford such a setup

giphy.gif
What Helix do you have? :columbo

I think it’s fair to say that until people actually understand this basic thing, they’ll have a hard time understanding modeling in general.

That's right. Asking a question like that is like asking people to agree or disagree, and to convince you that when a body is partially or totally immersed in a fluid, it experiences an upward thrust equal to the weight of the fluid displaced by it. You either do not understand basic laws of physics, or your toilet only has a shower, not a bathtub.

Cats do prefer the cardboard box of a modeller over the cardboard box of a 4x12 cab though, because they are more suitable for hiding

Last edited:
Well its a small room, Love my Helix (its my most prized guitar related possesion) and Happy with the tones i get out of My HR but i may upgrade those later on

Line6, What if
take a catalyst cabinet tweak the speaker or maybe upgrade it get close to full range without the use of a tweeter
offer 3 versions 8 " 50 watt, 10" 100 watt, 12" 200 watt, include a variable watt attenuator
remove the Modelling
keep volume control along with 3 band contour EQ, perhaps a trim control as well
Back panel XLR input and 1/4 in
make a variable tiltable stand, for different angles
Price them to be "FRFR" killers
name it Helitech (hahaha)

Back