A lot of people will disagree with my hardware modeler ranking

GuitarJon

Roadie
So, I recently made a ranking video in which I ranked all the hardware modelers that I own and it was a lot of fun. However, since then some things have changed and I wanted to do an update and see how my ranking would be now. Of course this is VERY subjective and everyone will disagree and I actually encourage that because all of these devices do things well nowadays, none of them are BAD. And we all use them differently. So I'd be curious to know how you disagree (or agree) with my list and why. :)

And I have to echo this but nowadays ALL modelers are pretty amazing! It's just that some are better than others...

As long as you made this comment on YouTube, purpose of thread and video served.
I don't go on teh YouTube.

It's nothing but a data-harvesting troll farm.

giphy.gif

I'd say its a pretty good ranking. Everyone knows that I would put FAS at the number one spot, but there are good arguments to be made as to why Line6 Helix should be at the top.

I would swap the first two places, but only for one reason: Helix has old and new amp models that definitely differ in quality. In Fractal devices, all amp models are always brought up to date. Apart from that, there is absolutely nothing negative you can say about Helix.

I would swap the first two places, but only for one reason: Helix has old and new amp models that definitely differ in quality. In Fractal devices, all amp models are always brought up to date. Apart from that, there is absolutely nothing negative you can say about Helix.

I don't think it will happen, but I'm really hoping that after 3.8 and the amps it's adding, there's a jump to a 4.0 that is an update of existing amp models, with previous versions in a Legacy folder like how they did the cabs (preventing old presets from either sounding different or breaking if the updated amp blocks are more resource intensive). Or even just updating a chunk of the core amps to match the clear leap in quality heard on some of the more recent models (I can understand that updating ALL of the amps would be a huge undertaking if it's not just a matter of updating the shared components each block is made up of).

Back