I like to tell the story of how tweenage girls would come in and buy the "More Than Words" single and
then think it was sop good they had to have the full album. I wouild always try to talk them out of it,
because it wasn't going to be what they thought it was. Just like tweenage girls they wouldn't listen to
me and would give a me look like I was the dumb one who didn't know anything.

10 times out of 10 they would try and return the CD a week later. Told you so! Tried to warn you and
decent music broker. :LOL:

61HG8Sgr2lL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
tile._CB483369110_.gif
I went to see Saigon Kick in '92, and the number of people in their late '30s/early '40s that were there to hear "Love Is On the Way" and were completely unprepared for the rest of their catalog was astonishingly hilarious.

I get it completely if you had never heard them before. But man; dead horse observation incoming...

The first time I watched that video premier I was like
4VBRuX0.gif
I remember listening to NYC's AM radio Z-Rock station in the parking lot of a job site to hear the premiere and going...yeah, this is not what I wanted. lol

Reactions: JT
I went to see Saigon Kick in '92, and the number of people in their late '30s/early '40s that were there to hear "Love Is On the Way" and were completely unprepared for the rest of their catalog was astonishingly hilarious.
Odd band. I can see why they didn't get past a certain point. Little too ecelctic?

This song was my favorite of theirs

Odd band. I can see why they didn't get past a certain point. Little too ecelctic?

This song was my favorite of theirs

Oh, they were bizarre as hell at times, but brilliant. I love all four albums for different reasons, although the dynamic wasn't as strong after Matt left.

Reactions: JT
Oh, they were bizarre as hell at times, but brilliant. I love all four albums for different reasons, although the dynamic wasn't as strong after Matt left.
I had a friend who lived in Fl at the time and was friends with these guys as well Manson and some other non-death metal Fl folks. He dug the heck out of all their stuff as well but I couldn't quite ever get too excited about them. I had other over-eclectic/ambitious bands that kind of filled that same niche for me.

Back