the swede

Shredder
IMG_7225.jpeg

• 23 guitar Amp/Cabinet models developed with Multi-Layer IR technology
  • 5 Studio Sounds effects to add natural reverb to your tone
  • 12 additional effects, including noise gates, EQ’s, and delays
  • Create and save 80 unique memory patches
  • 4x Cross Key switches (MEMORY / SCROLL) for easy operation by foot
  • Stereo input (both active and passive instruments supported)
  • Stereo output for connection to amps, speaker or headphones
  • Output splitting lets you send signals with and without IR’s simultaneously
  • Chromatic tuner supports all standard guitar tunings, including open & drop tunings
  • 2-IN / 2-OUT Audio Interface function (via built-in USB-C port)
  • IR load function for speaker cabinet simulation
  • Runs on 2 AA batteries or AC Adapter
  • Handy Guitar Lab for MS-80IR+ App (iOS)
  • Krampus

Last edited:
I’ve always thought the zoom multistomp pedals was interesting. It got a few things going for it, compared to the Pod Express for instance.
There’s an app (guitar lab), midi support and IR loading.

My complaint is, it doesn’t have a looper… otherwise, cool…. Would be hard for me to choose between a Pod Express and MS-80IR actually.

Last edited:
I don’t even know what to say about that design or where to start as@laxu
Needle nose pliers to turn the knobs? :satan

If there ever was a product where having graphics of pedals and amps was not appropriate, it's this one. They waste so much space that could be used for a bigger view of the knobs.

So do all these do the same thing, but just different colors? I am so confused by Zoom ..I want to try this....but I have seen like 5 others from them, and like I said I'm just confused.

View attachment 25923
haha, it seems they do different things. Actually the MS-70CDR (chorus/delay/reverb) has been quite popular on pedalboard as a solid multi purpose effect pedal. Its now replaced by MS-70CDR+ (new box and added better effects).

MS-200D+ (Distortion box)
MS-70CDR+ (Chorus/Delay/Reverb)
MS-50G+ (Guitar modeler and some effects)
MS-60B+ (Bass modeler and some effects)
MS-80IR+ (Guitar modeler/IR loader)

see... all you have to do is read :D and now I did that for you!

haha, it seems they do different things. Actually the MS-70CDR (chorus/delay/reverb) has been quite popular on pedalboard as a solid multi purpose effect pedal. Its now replaced by MS-70CDR+ (new box and added better effects).

Sorry, I suppose I am guilty of something I normally dislike.....many pardins kind sir.

I will research this more now .. because I am looking for a smaller solution, which is midi capable, and I only need a couple anp models. Not too many effects usually...but 2 of these and call me in the morning.

Once again, I apologize for being lazy.

I had the MS50g and I think it's an amazing what it can do, but even more impressive is how they were able to make a multi effects that size and still pretty easy to edit on. Preset managing/switching is pretty smart all also. Really great piece of gear.

Needle nose pliers to turn the knobs? :satan

If there ever was a product where having graphics of pedals and amps was not appropriate, it's this one. They waste so much space that could be used for a bigger view of the knobs.
The first point is that they somehow managed to surpass the low res quality of the Fractal AX8screen

Looks like they took the amp knobs from a UA and a label maker to print above
In the center we have a Helix button wedged in to a spot where you will probably hit the looper and start playback unintentionally

Thats right before the plastic cracking sound as you shoe breaks the amp knobs

Also ...I just did more research...and plenty of reading...only problems are that they use all the same ad language to describe every variant....but now I am more lost than before...

So you mean to tell me they have the same pedal...in 2 different colors blue....that do the same thing ....for the same price ....and I shouldn't be confused?

Also...they have a multi effect pedal for guitar AND bass....and a separate one for just guitar....and another one just for bass......and then the other one does all that too....but has irs?

I mean I think these are neat, and I am interested if the sounds Are there, but you have to admit something is a bit strange with the whole.....2 too many units thing?

I'll admit, at first I was just taking a piss ....but now I am perplexed.

Also ...I just did more research...and plenty of reading...only problems are that they use all the same ad language to describe every variant....but now I am more lost than before...

So you mean to tell me they have the same pedal...in 2 different colors blue....that do the same thing ....for the same price ....and I shouldn't be confused?

Also...they have a multi effect pedal for guitar AND bass....and a separate one for just guitar....and another one just for bass......and then the other one does all that too....but has irs?

I mean I think these are neat, and I am interested if the sounds Are there, but you have to admit something is a bit strange with the whole.....2 too many units thing?

I'll admit, at first I was just taking a piss ....but now I am perplexed.
Focus on their new versions, the ones with a + in the name. And the list i wrote. Theyre all different.

Again

Ok ....👍

All in good fun .... seriously just teasing.

I have been on their website reading for a minute, it's confusing how the page is.

(Edit - After reading quite a few reviews I have learned these units won't suit my needs ... apparently the midi implementation is suspect...and doesn't like to work with other midi devices....just look into it. Anywho, would be cool if I was a youngin.)

Last edited:
I don't get all this confusion.

It's a pedal that does amp modelling, cab modelling, IR loader and a few effects (noise gate, reverb, delay and EQ).

It also has tuner.

It does signal splitting.

It responds to midi over USB.

That's it. Not that complicated.

I don't get all this confusion.

It's a pedal that does amp modelling, cab modelling, IR loader and a few effects (noise gate, reverb, delay and EQ).

It also has tuner.

It does signal splitting.

It responds to midi over USB.

That's it. Not that complicated.
1. it was a mild mannered joke about terrible and unclear advertising.

2 . It pertains to the whole range of these ..and the new updates....if you go to the zoom site, you will understand....they have 5 pedals that all do the same thing ...and they all have a tuner....and only the new one does irs that I can tell ....

Seriously, it was a joke ...it's cool, really no biggy.

So this is their Iridium? But with a tuner? I don't get it.
Well, seems to me it’s more than an iridium with all those features.

If I’d have to choose a small “modeler pedal” it would have to have a built in audio interface. Just my preference… one couldn’t possibly deny the “mojo” of the Iridium over something like a zoom or even Pod Express… but yeah… some like me (cheap ol farts) looks for the convenient features. I doubt my level of playing would matter if it’s a Strymon amp model or Zoom amp model, or Line 6 amp model. That much I have learned during my modeler years… most of todays stuff sounds good enough and it’s everything else, icing on the cake, that sometimes matter more… to me that is.

Again. For me… and the stuff I’m looking for. Hard choice between this and a Pod Express, as an example…. I don’t know. You guys tell me :p

I’ll see if my local store could let me try one once they get in.

Back