You know someone shouldn't be using digital when...

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
All their posts are asking about Amp where I'm at before they even have the modeler in hand.

They've been watching Taylor Danley/Leo Gibson/Jason Saddites videos and they already "have a handle" on how they want to use it.

They're asking about deep amp parameters before they even have the modeler in hand. "I can barely play an open G but if I don't have access to snub capacitor values in the amp block; I'm out"

They've already sold all their amps because they are fully committed. As long as those snub capacitors exist.

I'm sure there's more :knit

A friend of mine buys excessive amounts of gear all year long.

Really a friend and not myself, because I'm actually envious of the sheer amount of new toys he's getting, tbh.

Sometimes he doesn't even remember brand names. Yup, THAT bad. :(

Needless to say, he saw someone getting top-notch sounds from a Helix, and what's the next thing he does? He buys a Helix Rack + the full-size foot controller + a Palmer 400W power amp + a Thon case.

Now where it gets really awkward -> it's been sitting at his place UNUSED for almost half a year by now. It's "too complicated" for him, and he's since been trying to coax me into coming over "for some beers and buddy talk".

I did of course recommend a few YouTube channels, websites and forums, but I'm 100% not "teaching" the guy how to use a Helix. Nope. Sorry bro. :) Check it out by yourself. You're a grown-up man. It's not really difficult, after all.

"Imagine you have all the gear (it emulates) ready and waiting for you. What would you do? -> set it up the way you want, and enjoy the sh*t out of it!"

That's what I told him. To no avail.

Pretty cool, because he already sold lots of his gear: "Now that I have the Helix, I won't need all that anymore."

"I can barely play an open G but if I don't have access to snub capacitor values in the amp block; I'm out"
Spewing Tyler Perry GIF by Nickelodeon

A friend of mine buys excessive amounts of gear all year long.

Really a friend and not myself, because I'm actually envious of the sheer amount of new toys he's getting, tbh.

Sometimes he doesn't even remember brand names. Yup, THAT bad. :(

Needless to say, he saw someone getting top-notch sounds from a Helix, and what's the next thing he does? He buys a Helix Rack + the full-size foot controller + a Palmer 400W power amp + a Thon case.

Now where it gets really awkward -> it's been sitting at his place UNUSED for almost half a year by now. It's "too complicated" for him, and he's since been trying to coax me into coming over "for some beers and buddy talk".

I did of course recommend a few YouTube channels, websites and forums, but I'm 100% not "teaching" the guy how to use a Helix. Nope. Sorry bro. :) Check it out by yourself. You're a grown-up man. It's not really difficult, after all.

"Imagine you have all the gear (it emulates) ready and waiting for you. What would you do? -> set it up the way you want, and enjoy the sh*t out of it!"

That's what I told him. To no avail.

Pretty cool, because he already sold lots of his gear: "Now that I have the Helix, I won't need all that anymore."
Tell him I will take the full Helix Rack package off his hands for pennies on the dollar.

:rollsafe

I requires das snubber capacitors in my amplifier, only clipped by the best American-made Klein dykes wielded by an 83 yr old master analogue craftsman (and his ever loyal shop dog warming by the fire), under a hunter’s moon in a leap year at midnight.

old man thumbs up GIF

All their posts are asking about Amp where I'm at before they even have the modeler in hand.

They've been watching Taylor Danley/Leo Gibson/Jason Saddites videos and they already "have a handle" on how they want to use it.

They're asking about deep amp parameters before they even have the modeler in hand. "I can barely play an open G but if I don't have access to snub capacitor values in the amp block; I'm out"

They've already sold all their amps because they are fully committed. As long as those snub capacitors exist.

I'm sure there's more :knit
I don't even understand half of this post, but are you telling me that the pedal "experts" who can't actually play guitar have migrated to the digital and modeling forums? :LOL:

I know we are all at various points on the same path, and I respect anyone that puts in the time to learn how to play, but goddamn its amazing to see how many people fall down the lamest of rabbit holes when learning to play, and get so caught up in the minutea of specifications when a simple 30 minute lesson would be a far better investment and vastly improve their playing / experience.

It's the Nature of the Beast that is Gear Forums. Not exclusive to digital. :idk

Goes like this.

New guitar incoming. Can you recommend some pickups to put in it?

Uhmm... does it not come with pickups?

Why yes, it does. I am just assuming I will want to change them.

Have you heard them yet?

No, I have not.

Ok.

I don't even understand half of this post, but are you telling me that the pedal "experts" who can't actually play guitar have migrated to the digital and modeling forums? :LOL:

I know we are all at various points on the same path, and I respect anyone that puts in the time to learn how to play, but goddamn its amazing to see how many people fall down the lamest of rabbit holes when learning to play, and get so caught up in the minutea of specifications when a simple 30 minute lesson would be a far better investment and vastly improve their playing / experience.

Talking nonsense on forums is easy. Music is hard. :LOL:

... get so caught up in the minutea of specifications when a simple 30 minute lesson would be a far better investment and vastly improve their playing / experience.
Dear sweet lord all of this^ I'm reading posts about someone "going digital" and they haven't even got the d@mn thing yet are asking for the most accurate db meter and what oscilloscope should they buy to compare the waveforms between the amp they just sold but took measurements for and their new modeler. Just put on a d@mn guitar and start playing FFS :wat:rofl

I am almost always convinced I am going to hate stock pickups in just about any guitar. I do try first though. Cant remember the last guitar where I kept the stock pups...I think maybe my SG Faded

Back