Woot! Waze Tube Amp Expander Incoming!

KingsXJJ

Roadie
Found a “Like New” unit in original box at Amazon for $795. Shipping from the Amazon Warehouse with “Free Returns.”

Got it with 12 monthly payments at 0% interest. If you factor in sales tax here in Austin, I saved $545. Essentially getting my UAFX ‘68 Lion and GA/GC EX Foot Controller for free!

Not only am I going to run my tube amps through it but various other items like my IR-X, Lion, Fractal and other modelers, etc. I personally can’t wait to hear what my cranked JVM410H and EVH heads will sound like. Only thing that stands out as missing for my total use case is an aux in for backing tracks and learning covers easily. I‘lol have to use my Yamaha MG06X for that I suppose. I had hope to avoid that. Looking for to using the Fletcher-Munson functionality and headphones as well. Post-Amp effects studio style… nice and clear… REALLY looking forward to that for sure. As well as all the rest.

Looked at the OX and Fryette products and each had strengths but ultimately the Boss seemed to offer a bit more and the price sealed the deal.

It’s a good day. 👍🏻😎👍🏻

Last edited:
1718765460076.png

Found a “Like New” unit in original box at Amazon for $795. Shipping from the Amazon Warehouse with “Free Returns.”

Got it with 12 monthly payments at 0% interest. If you factor in sales tax here in Austin, I saved $545. Essentially getting my UAFX ‘68 Lion and GA/GC EX Foot Controller for free!

Not only am I going to run my tube amps through it but various other items like my IR-X, Lion, Fractal and other modelers, etc. I personally can’t wait to hear what my cranked JVM410H and EVH heads will sound like. Only thing that stands out as missing for my total use case is an aux in for backing tracks and learning covers easily. I‘lol have to use my Yamaha MG06X for that I suppose. I had hope to avoid that. Looking for to using the Fletcher-Munson functionality and headphones as well. Post-Amp effects studio style… nice and clear… REALLY looking forward to that for sure. As well as all the rest.

Looked at the OX and Fryette products and each had strengths but ultimately the Boss seemed to offer a bit more and the price sealed the deal.

It’s a good day. 👍🏻😎👍🏻

My local GC had a used one that sat for months at $1099, and I wanted it-but not for that price. One day I saw on the website that the price was reduced to $899. Picked it up that day, and have been really happy with it. Even my Stiletto Deuce is a bedroom amp now.

This will be my first attenuator. I read an interesting thread while doing my research. One poster dismissed the Waza because the power amp in it wasn’t tube. A responder to that made the point that it wasn’t needed since a tube amp was already involved and was being fed to the Waza to be attenuated and that an additional tube amp would just color the original source amp which was likely the last thing desired when using a nice tube amp. That made a lot of sense to me.

One might argue that the SS 100w if the Waza would not be as loud as the 100w of a tube amp. That’s certainly true but if used in an attenuator… why would you want it to be when the whole purpose is to play quieter? Besides, I’ve had a 100w SS Fender Tone Master and it could go louder than I would ever need in the house which is where the Waza will be used. I shared this in case it helps anyone.

Another thing I am looking forward to is the Waza editor. I don’t know of any other attenuators that have an editor or delay, reverb, etc. either. It would be nice if the allowed deep parameter access to amp/attenuator settings beyond effect settings.

Another bonus for me that I haven’t mentioned is that I already have the footswitch for it. I bought it for a Waza Artist combo a while back.

You’re going to love it, I hear it’s a great unit.
Great to hear! I did a lot of research beforehand and thought about the Fryette and UAFX Ox but chose the Boss. Here’s an example of why I did;

Great to hear! I did a lot of research beforehand and thought about the Fryette and UAFX Ox but chose the Boss. Here’s an example of why I did;

The UA and Waza are not really the same thing. The Ox Box is basically a load box with proprietary cab emulation for direct applications, the Waza is more aimed at taming beastly amps (or making low wattage amps beastly) for live applications. The Waza can do what the Ox Box does, but the Ox Box doesn’t have the reamping capability, or the loop.

The UA and Waza are not really the same thing. The Ox Box is basically a load box with proprietary cab emulation for direct applications, the Waza is more aimed at taming beastly amps (or making low wattage amps beastly) for live applications. The Waza can do what the Ox Box does, but the Ox Box doesn’t have the reamping capability, or the loop.
The Boss does a whole lot more than just attenuation and offers quite a bit more features than the Ox. Which is why I chose it plus the deal I got made it considerably cheaper. I started out looking for basically an attenuator with perhaps some extra features which is why the Ox was considered in the first place. I’m quite happy where it all ended up. But again, the Oc despite the other things it can do, like the Boss as well, made the final three as an attenuator… then it became a matter of price, quality of sound and extended feature set. By my criteria and what features I appreciate the Boss won. Being able to use my library of precious IR’s was a bonus. I was’t impressed with the rather closed list of the cabs UAFX chose to include.

Last edited:
The Boss does a whole lot more than just attenuation and offers quite a bit more features than the Ox. Which is why I chose it plus the deal I got made it considerably cheaper. I started out looking for basically an attenuator with perhaps some extra features which is why the Ox was considered in the first place. I quite happy where it all ended up. But again the Oc despite the other things it can do, like the Boss as well, made the final three as an attenuator… then it became a matter of price, quality of sound and extended feature set. By my criteria and what features I appreciate the Boss won. Being able to use my library of precious IR’s was a bonus. I was’t impressed with the rather closed list of the cabs UAFX chose to include.

Same reason I went with the Waza.

Back