Who Wants To See My Fat

That’s f*cking SWEET!!!!

That’s absolutely part of the reason I LOVE playing vintage Fenders, there’s so many small (sometimes large) variations in the guitars from back then that you occasionally come across one that’s totally unique. Like the late 50’s Strats when they started playing with the neck shape/body contours. I played a ‘59 Strat at Gruhn’s in Nashville that wasn’t like any other Strat I’ve ever played. They had a couple killer early 60’s Strats that I loved, which is rare because I generally don’t dig rosewood boards on Strats.

A41E79DE-1D6A-4933-9F54-D0BE1C6CC1AD.jpeg

That’s f*cking SWEET!!!!

That’s absolutely part of the reason I LOVE playing vintage Fenders, there’s so many small (sometimes large) variations in the guitars from back then that you occasionally come across one that’s totally unique. Like the late 50’s Strats when they started playing with the neck shape/body contours. I played a ‘59 Strat at Gruhn’s in Nashville that wasn’t like any other Strat I’ve ever played. They had a couple killer early 60’s Strats that I loved, which is rare because I generally don’t dig rosewood boards on Strats.

View attachment 1674
Looks 'like' a 58 Strat? (single ply guard with a maple neck is the giveaway unless it's a bitsa guitar)

A 59 'normally' has a 3 ply guard. Maybe it's super early 59 like January?

A very nice machine when you can find them. The main transition being from swamp ash fully over to alder and the first use of a '3' color burst. I hope you had a lotta fun with it. :beer

Looks 'like' a 58 Strat? (single ply guard with a maple neck is the giveaway unless it's a bitsa guitar)

A 59 'normally' has a 3 ply guard. Maybe it's super early 59 like January?

A very nice machine when you can find them. The main transition being from swamp ash fully over to alder and the first use of a '3' color burst. I hope you had a lotta fun with it. :beer

Funny, cuz I wrote ‘58 first, but for some reason had it in my head that they didn’t start the 3-color burst until ’59. It was most likely a ‘58.

Back