Where does your brand snobbery lie?

Being (and playing) left-handed, there is not a lot of room for one to have any sort of guitar brand snobbery. I pretty much chose to get "one of each type". Amps could be a different story. Not really snobbery per se, but I am a big fan of Mesa, as I like they way they work and sound. I also like the way they are laid out. Any snobbery comes in concerning some brands/models I don't really like at all.

I'd say I'm a bit of a snob about digital modelers, pedals etc. I can't remember the last time I've owned anything from Boss, MXR and I tend to just ignore the more budget end digital stuff. Like my "I need an affordable modeler" recommendations starts from Strymon Iridium and Line6 HX Stomp.

For guitars, I tend to ignore Squiers and Epiphones. I refuse to buy Gibsons because I have tried too many terrible ones and can just get something actually good in that vein from other brands. Otherwise I don't have too many snobberies in play. The last guitar I bought was a Schecter Coupe hollowbody, made in Indonesia and I find it really hard to fault in any way.

Back