Where does your brand snobbery lie?

I don’t think I have any kind of brand snobbery/neuroticisms. If I did it’d be pointed towards MJT/Musikraft/All Parts over every other guitar company out there. If I could make an amp or modeler the same way I could a guitar, I’d be doing that, too!

I’m a bit snobby about Gibson USA vs Custom Shop, have to admit.

The USA line can be all over the place, quality-wise, but every CS I’ve ever played has been a really exceptional and amazing guitar.

However, CS pricing new is absolutely ridiculous, which means I’ll only ever buy it used. (Which, for that matter, is the same for USA, especially with the increases the past few years.)

I was thinking dogfood for fish
(AI generated art; DALL E mini @ craiyon)

A52E37D4-8815-4BA5-9A90-FD8DB8BCB31D.jpeg

CA05E190-F83C-40C5-BAAF-0EDF6873C60E.jpeg

01F9BC88-869D-4210-B3AA-1D36F9205716.jpeg

I don't care what's on the headstock, I just care how it plays and sounds.

My feathers get ruffled when people try to pass off sh!t as being better than it is.

There was a time when a MIM Fender was a big purchase for me, I've owned several Squiers and a couple Epiphones. I get it, you work on them and upgrade parts to be the best that guitar can be. However, they just aren't in the same league as the guitars they're modeled after, and the price point reflects the difference accurately. Granted that difference could be diminishing returns and maybe you aren't getting as much for your money at the upper end of the pay scale, but its that 10% that matters to me at this point in my playing.

I could give a fuck what other people play. I love when a person comes up to me after a gig and tells me how great I sounded, but then proceeds to tell me how much "better" I would sound with a "real" Fender as opposed to that knockoff. The knockoff being a custom made, hand built work of art from a single luthier. :rolleyes:

but then proceeds to tell me how much "better" I would sound with a "real" Fender as opposed to that knockoff.
Nah, fuck that shit! It's like, they only gave you a compliment so they could feel better when they told you what you really should be doing. That's the time when you just keep your opinions to yourself, imo.

i don't know about snobbery as much as i generally have expectations from each brand knowing what i know about them.

like tom anderson, james tyler, john suhr and don grosh aren't gonna turn out dogs.

I don't have any snobbery really but I refuse to use cheap PA gear. I mean I do small potatoes stuff but I buy good Prosumer stuff like EV. I cant believe the bands I see out here in NM showing up to a gig with 2 Harbinger or Behringer tops on sticks but the amps and such are all Marshall 100w tube heads and Ampeg fridge stacks..

Last edited:
Back