Where does your brand snobbery lie?

Ibanez for me! Started as a kid with one and still use them today. Been back and forth and around the block with other brands but always come back to them so now, I stay!

If we speaking guitars I’m a huge Suhr fanboy. I also like other brands like Anderson’s, EVH, and PRS but nothing for my tastes touched my Suhr guitars.

I don't have any snobbery really but I refuse to use cheap PA gear. I mean I do small potatoes stuff but I buy good Prosumer stuff like EV. I cant believe the bands I see out here in NM showing up to a gig with 2 Harbinger or Behringer tops on sticks but the amps and such are all Marshall 100w tube heads and Ampeg fridge stacks..
Yeah. What's that saying... You're only as good as your weakest link...?

If we speaking guitars I’m a huge Suhr fanboy. I also like other brands like Anderson’s, EVH, and PRS but nothing for my tastes touched my Suhr guitars.
I've heard do many good things about them, I'd really like to try a Suhr. Where do you live? Lol

I've heard do many good things about them, I'd really like to try a Suhr. Where do you live? Lol
I live about an hour and a half outside Nashville. They aren't everyone's cup of tea but if you like more modern guitars they are hard to beat IMHO. Not all them are great but a lot of the ones I've played are. I really like his pickups... I think that's a big part of it and his neck shapes are really nice too,.

I live about an hour and a half outside Nashville. They aren't everyone's cup of tea but if you like more modern guitars they are hard to beat IMHO. Not all them are great but a lot of the ones I've played are. I really like his pickups... I think that's a big part of it and his neck shapes are really nice too,.
Oh I like modern guitars (up to a point.) I absolutely love the Majesty. (So much I own 2.) I bought it mainly for the ergonomics, but speaking of PU's..., these Dimarzios have such spectacular harmonic content, it's almost unbelievable how notes will just morph into harmonics, just like a tube amp feeding back. And that's through headphones!

Oh I like modern guitars (up to a point.) I absolutely love the Majesty. (So much I own 2.) I bought it mainly for the ergonomics, but speaking of PU's..., these Dimarzios have such spectacular harmonic content, it's almost unbelievable how notes will just morph into harmonics, just like a tube amp feeding back. And that's through headphones!
Yeah those Majesty’s feel great ergonomically and I thought the pickups in it sounded very good too. Very cool guitar! The neck wasn’t my thing in it’s little too thin and wide but still I’d have no problem playing one. Two of my Suhr’s have his thinnest neck which I like but my favorite is my Suhr Thornley model called the Roughneck. It’s a different neck… thicker but very low shoulder all the way up the neck… almost a V but not really. Hard to explain “feel”. 😂 Even for me and I don’t have big hands it’s very comfortable.

LTD products are marketed and sold as ESP LTD. Need service or have any questions about the product? Guess who will answer your questions…ESP. You have a better chance at winning the powerball than getting a response from Ibanez. LTD puts out fantastic products that are designed, marketed, sold and customer service provided by ESP. Perhaps the cork sniffers should take their complaints directly to ESP, but they won’t because ESP stands by the LTD brand and that’s not what they want to hear. Oh well…

taylor swift haters gonna hate GIF

LTD products are marketed and sold as ESP LTD. Need service or have any questions about the product? Guess who will answer your questions…ESP. You have a better chance at winning the powerball than getting a response from Ibanez. LTD puts out fantastic products that are designed, marketed, sold and customer service provided by ESP. Perhaps the cork sniffers should take their complaints directly to ESP, but they won’t because ESP stands by the LTD brand and that’s not what they want to hear. Oh well…

taylor swift haters gonna hate GIF

I really feel like I need an EC1000. That being said a similar brand to LTD is Schecter and though I love both of mine, trying to get support for the C-1 Hybrid I paid 1500 bucks for (at the time) was impossible. The guitar came to me unplayable and needing major set up work. I futzed with it and ultimately took it to a Luthier and dropped another 250. The reason I didn't return it outright was at the time this was the only left handed C-1 Hybrid in stock and I wanted one in the worst way. When the single (he told me he was the only rep in the NE) Schecter Rep did get back to me 7 weeks later he told me I'd have to pay shipping both ways to have it fixed. I didnt even reply.

My brand snobbery lies with pizza mostly. When it comes to gear I like good stuff but offhand I can't think of a brand I'm exclusively devoted to. There are some functionality things like really not wanting a guitar without locking tuners, for example, where I'm guilty of a little cork sniffery.

If indeed you have any.

I have only one, I'm basically cool about everything else.

Mine is ESP.

Before I present my reasoning , I'm objectively aware that LTD and E-II are well made instruments with few issues, and that my active dislike of them is irrational and stupid, otherwise it wouldn't be Snobbery. So to owners of any guitars mentioned, don't be offended, it says more about me and any others who decide to post their failings as a person than it does about your instruments. This thread is for s***s and giggles.

I owned ESP before LTD was even a thing. They were not easy to come by. When LTD kicked off ESP became even harder to come by. In Europe they practically disappeared in favour of LTD, to the point where the LTD and ESP brands became interchangeable. This irked me.

And I reckon ESP realised this because cut to a few years back and they discontinue the ESP standard series, rebranding it E-II in what I believe to be an attempt to demarcate, disentangle and create a buffer between the Premium ESP marque and the budget LTD mark, which arent even budget anymore.

So to now get ESP on the headstock, you now have to pay upwards of £3.5k.

Nothing will make Me burn with simmering fury more than a sales listing on Reverb for "ESP LTD" or indeed "ESP" then opening it to find a LTD.

Gibson and Fender Snobs know what I mean, don't you? "Gibson Epiphone Les Paul"? "Fender Squier Tele"? It just makes your balls retract with anger doesn't it, but Don't worry, just ignore it and buy a Navigator 😈

And it doesn't even end there. ESP are MIJ AFAIC. ESP USA do get kinda get a pass and less ire directed at them because there is a precedent with 42nd street guitars in the US and another place in Germany who did varying levels of custom finishing/configuration work using ESP parts and guitars for artists and customers in those locales.

So I'm not just being snobby about price. I'm being proper Snobby, as I don't count Edwards, Grassroots or Navigator in the above Tirade because they're for the Japanese Market and thus have pedigree, even though some of the Edwards or GR stuff isnt MIJ either, and yes I'm aware I'm contradicting myself but I literally just explained how I justified my cognitive dissonance, so do one.

Think of this thread, should you choose to contribute, as simultaneous catharsis and a self roast 👍
I’m totally with you on the LTD-ESP interchangeability thing. I too owned an ESP MII deluxe before LTD and it was an expensive well built Japanese guitar.

i have no brand snobbery. i play everything from a james tyler guitar to a harley benton and a squier. they are just tools.

Being a devil's advocate/obnoxious here, but... in my brief stints in construction those folks are -incredibly- snobby about their tools :cop

Being a devil's advocate/obnoxious here, but... in my brief stints in construction those folks are -incredibly- snobby about their tools :cop
That's my profession, and other than being loyal to a brand because they simply do the job well, last long, and stand up to job-site abuse (for me that would be Dewalt cordless tools & Hitachi nail guns), the only real "brand snobbery" I've seen was guys with their $300 Stiletto hammers. Which I thought was utterly crazy, since the hammer has been a rarely-used tool for decades.

That's not to say I'm not fanatical about taking proper care of my tools.

Oh, we’re doing tools?

Starrett, mitytoyo … unless it’s just totally unreasonable. This arrived yesterday.

675DA7B5-FE2B-4829-88DD-E18AB9367645.jpeg

How many fat Chinese people do you see ?
Not so bad if you look at population health.
If I ate dim sum every day I’d be 400 lbs.
it’s not so much the cuisine, it’s the culture and the lifestyle. Look at their workdays, work ethics and general portion sizes.

Back