What's your weirdest/most unusual guitar cab?

I agree it looks ...wel... uhmm.. okay, lets just say, I find that racing stripes asthetics more than questionable...

Didn't know these cabs were so light weight, apart from theses Neo speakers (speaking of...what are the dark Neo speakers in there?).
Looks like a similar wood (poplar plywood?) Hughes&Kettner used in their GL series 112, 212 and I believe 412 cabs. I have a GL 112, which I would consider to be my oddest. Don't have my own pic of it though.
How ever, these GL cabs were/are also very light weight, and also have a sealed/glued in back (thus front mounted). I consider this to be the best (and simpler) construction for a really tight cab. But the GL ones are ported, which kinda negates that tightness, but makes them fuller sounding and punching above their weight (well...).
But they're even uglier that the THC ones, and that carpet-y stuff these are coated with, is nearly immpossible to get off. Its asthetics are unmatched in a sense, that no matter what current production amp you put these under, it'll look odd.
View attachment 15659
THC branded Jensen Neofins

That rings a bell. I remember him having to hunt high and low when he wanted to experiment with speakers. I knew the ohms were very unusual and hard to come by.

These look weird but the concept is sound.

A Finnish company called TOOB has been making guitar/bass cabs for years. The cabs are basically a speaker mounted into a piece of drainage pipe material or something like that. They look like this:

5ffb3de5f68ce3ad5351fbcf_TOOB_Metro_FR_2021_front_lores.jpg

I've heard these demonstrated at a small gig level - drummer, guitarist and upright bass. They sounded pretty good, even the smallest 6.5" model pictured above was surprisingly good sounding.

I think it's cool when companies challenge the status quo on this stuff. I get why the traditional cab is "the look", but there's definitely ways to do it differently and still sound good.
I actually own the one in the pic..with a fullrange(ish) speaker in it.

This is a Custom Zilla 4X10 that’s just about to be completed.
2xG10 Golds X 2xG10 Greenbacks.
-the Ace mix.

The cabinet is custom is the sense of slightly added depth & slightly added height
to the overall cabinet and…
-That girl is sooo’ ‘Pine’!
Word up on the champion levels.🙏
1702467820079.jpeg

Last edited:
I actually look & hear that cabinet, cabinet age,
grill cloth -(overall condition)
& the driver’s, are nearly as important as the amp I’m playing through.
Some speaker’s can be hard to get around on and it ain’t the amp.

How's it working out for you?
Its obviously a supersmall speaker/cab…it doesn’t compare to a 4x12 :)

But..it can handle quite some volume, low end output is low, but if you compensate with a global eq, the speaker is capable to carry some weight.

My usecase: in a stereo setup with a bigger speaker. That works quite well. Bigger cabinet carries the bottom, this little fellow adds a stereo image in the mid/highs. A stereo vibe with a small footprint.

Stand alone..I guess I could do a jazzgig with it where I’d sit in the midrange of the spectrum.

Its obviously a supersmall speaker/cab…it doesn’t compare to a 4x12 :)

But..it can handle quite some volume, low end output is low, but if you compensate with a global eq, the speaker is capable to carry some weight.

My usecase: in a stereo setup with a bigger speaker. That works quite well. Bigger cabinet carries the bottom, this little fellow adds a stereo image in the mid/highs. A stereo vibe with a small footprint.

Stand alone..I guess I could do a jazzgig with it where I’d sit in the midrange of the spectrum.
I want to do something like that with the Nanocab by pairing it my Bluetone 4x10 for either wet/dry or some weird big cab/small cab thing.

Long term plan, in about 2-3 years we'll hopefully buy a small house with some music room space to bring the two cabs together. Now the 4x10 is in my parents' basement and the Nanocab at my home for space/volume reasons.

I want to do something like that with the Nanocab by pairing it my Bluetone 4x10 for either wet/dry or some weird big cab/small cab thing.

Long term plan, in about 2-3 years we'll hopefully buy a small house with some music room space to bring the two cabs together. Now the 4x10 is in my parents' basement and the Nanocab at my home for space/volume reasons.
If you have the space atm…a stereo setup with 2 smaller speakers also pays of imo..it’s really 1+1 = 3

I have a Panama 1x12 that I got used. Solid wood baffle - terrible idea. It's split in about 3 places, and sounds about as one would expect. It's also mega-deep making it really hard to carry. Terrible cab that is now just stuffed up in the attic because I don't wanna pay to drop it off at the dump, or strip the tolex off it so I can burn it...

Hahahahha ya’ll haven’t heard of Klops, have you?

This dude and Billy Blaze should have gone in business together. Pretty sure I thought they were the same person at one point. I don’t believe this was the only time he went to NAMM with this, either.

lol! Joey Dahlia! That guy was quite a character...

I don’t have anything “unconventional” but I got this Kress custom cab a few weeks ago loaded with the OG red and blue framed Eminence Texas Heats and ToneSpotter’s.

Built to Orange PPC spec’s.

Attachments

• 61814902-F686-47B0-8906-6C5BF2A538E4.jpeg
    61814902-F686-47B0-8906-6C5BF2A538E4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 0303DCF9-D994-4014-94E5-C21C3CF8FAF3.jpeg
    0303DCF9-D994-4014-94E5-C21C3CF8FAF3.jpeg
    601.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 08007CFF-7096-48CF-88D1-E80669A36D6D.jpeg
    08007CFF-7096-48CF-88D1-E80669A36D6D.jpeg
    622.5 KB · Views: 7
  • B0E9E434-FE72-4F29-82A1-94E0C6C88BF4.jpeg