What's your main rig right now?

What's your main rig?

• Boss (GT-1000, CORE, SY-1000, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nux (MG-300, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oh I also had a now Vintage Yamaha Natural Sound Reciever Integrated Amp with some Pioneer HPM 100 Speakers back in the Golden age of Hi-Fi

1668782758505.png

Seeing all the vintage receivers lately really makes me want to build out a classic system. I used to have my parents' old Technics with the same badass wood grain and brushed metal finish. I love the ones that light up too, it's so cool. I just have no room or use for that kind of setup unfortunately.

C144DE4B-6C84-4DE9-842C-4E898A80E4BD.jpeg

Hughes & Kettner Grandmeister Deluxe 40 for tones (for days)
Either an Orange 1x12 cab or an H&K 2x12 cab
Line 6 Helix or Stomp XL, both with a mission exp pedal

The Helix is used for pre and post fx, and to switch channels and options on the amp, and as an IEM mixer (there is an IEM unit, behind the fans, on the back rails of that rack).

Last edited:
I thought it was odd too. I loved my Kemper!

When I go back to digital I'm going to have a really hard time deciding between Kemper and Axe-FX III

Before going Fractal (had never heard one or played one prior) I purchased an Helix. It bricked on me so I
traded it for a Kemper Stage, which was really good. I enjoyed it. I didn't love the UI and the need to get
profiles from others, though. That's when I sold it and bought a Fractal. Not that anyone cares, but my
breakdown as far as best to little less than best would be Fractal > Kemper > Helix. There is no worst here.

The guy I play every week with in a band, for almost 20 years now, and who has had an Helix since they first
came out, agrees. When I first got the Fractal and started to take it to practice he was a little threatened and
started to turn his rig, and them pump it louder through the PA. He finally fessed up what was going on. :LOL:

That said, we both also agree that the Helix User Interface is superior, and you get an Exp pedal with the unit and
don't have to purchase one separately. But tonally, yeah, we are on the same page he and I.

We have also decided that his Helix and the Fractal I bring also make a nice pair. We don't want to mimic one
another.

Last edited:
The guy I play every week with in a band, for almost 20 years now, and who has had an Helix since they first
came out, agrees. When I first got the Fractal and started to take it to practice he was a little threatened and
started to turn his rig, and them pump it louder through the PA. He finally fessed up what was going on.

LOL.
Typical.

me and my great friend and unfortunately ex band mate silently fought hard for years, new amp against new amp, new cab against new cab, pedal against pedal.

the fight cost us a fortune 😂

Its an interesting poll
Obviously mostly Helix, Fractal
And amp users here from those votes

Its an interesting poll
Obviously mostly Helix, Fractal
And amp users here from those votes

True. But then again, the poll was posted in the Digital & Modeling sub-forum, so there may be some skew :LOL:

And then there is the recent history of TGF being initially populated by some refugees from the TGP D&M forum 🤔

🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
What my little corner of hell looks like right now...

20221119_141826.jpg

• Pearl Roadshow drum shells, Evans heads (need to replace that snare skin asap!), Zildjian ringers, Iron Cobra single kick. 57 on the snare, cheapo Samson on the Kick, old EV supercardioid for an OH mic.
  • Small Line 6 HX Stomp-centric board under the desk, Boss Katana 100w mk2 combo. Nu-X Mighty Plug sitting on the desk for quiet toilet jams
  • Apple Mac Mini, Focusrite Gen 2 Scarlett 18i20, Yamaha HS5 mons (treated with Sonarworks software because this space is too tight for paneling), QSC K8.2 monitor, Senny HD650 cans, cheap AKG cans for recording, those cheap Moondrop IEMs I've been playing with
  • Ibanez AZ Prestige, Ibanez Talman bass, Hofner Shorty travel guitar
Not pictured are my Helix Floor, Agile baritone 8 string, an Ibanez S7 string, a PRS S2, a handful of Strats, cheap basses, Acoustics, racked-up 2000w Yamaha power amp, Behringer XR-18 and Shure PSM300.

True. But then again, the poll was posted in the Digital & Modeling sub-forum, so there may be some skew :LOL:

And then there is the recent history of TGF being initially populated by some refugees from the TGP D&M forum 🤔

🤷‍♂️
I don’t think anyone is suggesting that represents the broader guitarist community. 😉

More so a representation of THIS community which as you stated, would likely skew towards modeling. Nothing wrong with us refugees.

Caparison
ESP
Diezel
Orange
Suhr RLIR
York IRs
Vader cabs (for loud)
Mesa cab (for truck)
HXFX
BAT Pharaoh (in loop of HXFX) cause nothing compares, that pedal is doom in a box

LOL.
Typical.

me and my great friend and unfortunately ex band mate silently fought hard for years, new amp against new amp, new cab against new cab, pedal against pedal.

the fight cost us a fortune 😂

Haha! Yup. It's true. For a few years it was like a NGD a week. We both have our own
storages full of unused gear. :facepalm

Our drummer bailed for another group for a 5 year period (he's back now),
and we had a bit of a respite from the one-upping each other, as I went headfirst
down the cymbal rabbit-hole when I switched over to banging on the skins.

Lucky to have such good dudes in my life. :beer

It kind of worked out in the long run. We were totally fried on one another from gigging/practicing
too much. Too much togetherness for guys who did it because it was fun, and then it stopped
being fun.

We lost what it was like to be friends and mates, and got short with each other way too much.
Little shit, too. It sucked, and yet we as humans can get so self-righteous about why we have a
beef with others. I was as guilty of that as anyone.

He went and played with other bands, and I got to move over to drums, and still do if and when
he can't be there.

I think the best thing is we all seem to have renewed respect and appreciation for one another,
and I honestly can't ever recall us being this mature, while still having fun when we get together.

What my little corner of hell looks like right now...

View attachment 2608
  • Pearl Roadshow drum shells, Evans heads (need to replace that snare skin asap!), Zildjian ringers, Iron Cobra single kick. 57 on the snare, cheapo Samson on the Kick, old EV supercardioid for an OH mic.
  • Small Line 6 HX Stomp-centric board under the desk, Boss Katana 100w mk2 combo. Nu-X Mighty Plug sitting on the desk for quiet toilet jams
  • Apple Mac Mini, Focusrite Gen 2 Scarlett 18i20, Yamaha HS5 mons (treated with Sonarworks software because this space is too tight for paneling), QSC K8.2 monitor, Senny HD650 cans, cheap AKG cans for recording, those cheap Moondrop IEMs I've been playing with
  • Ibanez AZ Prestige, Ibanez Talman bass, Hofner Shorty travel guitar
Not pictured are my Helix Floor, Agile baritone 8 string, an Ibanez S7 string, a PRS S2, a handful of Strats, cheap basses, Acoustics, racked-up 2000w Yamaha power amp, Behringer XR-18 and Shure PSM300.

I have that same exact desk, although mine is used for work and guitar repair duties only :(

Back