What was your FIRST show (as a spectator)??

How is it possible that you all saw cool bands, first time around!?

I’m too embarrassed to describe mine now. Cringing, actually.

First ever:
Fats Geronimo and The Rock-afire Explosion

First with humans:
I think they were called The Barleen Family. It was a Grand Ol Opry style show with country music and lots of comedy. I was probably about 8 and I loved it. The guitar player did a bit with a guitar made out of a toilet seat.

First rock concert:
1997, and it was a big year for me for concerts.

First was Metallica with Corrosion of Conformity in January.

Second was Lynyrd Skynyrd with Kenny Wayne Shepherd in August.

Then Dream Theater with Big Wreck in November.

How is it possible that you all saw cool bands, first time around!?

I’m too embarrassed to describe mine now. Cringing, actually.

My father, uncle and a bunch of their friends were all huge Floyd fans. We knew they were going on tour but weren’t sure of the dates yet, I remember my dad calling my mom to talk to her and ask her permission to take me and I got an idea that’s what they were talking about from eavesdropping. She handed me the phone and said ”You’re going to be really happy” or something like that, but dad said my uncle called, tickets were going on sale that Friday and they were getting 6.

And actually, it almost didn’t happen and this incident has caused me to have this “I don’t get too excited until the band is onstage and I know I’m seeing them” thing; the fuel pump went in that car behind me in that picture on the way to the show. We were stuck in a gas station with my dad and cousin troubleshooting the car, someone who worked in the gas station was nice enough to drive my dad to an auto parts store so he could get the fuel pump, they popped it in, car fired up and we were on the way. I was in the back seat sh*tting my pants the entire time.

First show I ever saw was the Moody Blues when I was like 13, parents bought tickets for the whole family even though my brother and I didn't want to go, then they made he and I go by ourselves... but, they were really good and I've been a fan ever since.

First show of my choosing was Dio's Last in Line tour about a year later. Still one of the best arena shows I've ever seen.

I saw that tour too. With Cinderella. I made up some bs about free tickets because I didn't want to be seen as a poser going to a BonJovi concert :bag :rofl
yep...cinderella was the opener! i was a senior in high school, and i distinctly remember that some drunk asshole puked on the concert shirt i just bought.

being resourceful, devious and broke, i took the shirt off and exchanged it for another at the merch table. :)

yep...cinderella was the opener! i was a senior in high school, and i distinctly remember that some drunk a*****e puked on the concert shirt i just bought.

being resourceful, devious and broke, i took the shirt off and exchanged it for another at the merch table. :)
Nice! Wasn't BonJovi doing some aerial stunt stuff? I think I remember he was on a zip line or something? Cinderella looks wise was not my cup of tea but that first album was great for the style.

First show I ever saw was the Moody Blues when I was like 13, parents bought tickets for the whole family even though my brother and I didn't want to go, then they made he and I go by ourselves... but, they were really good and I've been a fan ever since.

First show of my choosing was Dio's Last in Line tour about a year later. Still one of the best arena shows I've ever seen.

I saw that Dio Tour, too. And agree. Epic! Did Dokken open?

Nice! Wasn't BonJovi doing some aerial stunt stuff? I think I remember he was on a zip line or something? Cinderella looks wise was not my cup of tea but that first album was great for the style.
i don't remember any aerial stuff. i was just wondering if the girl i went with from high school was gonna allow me to get lucky that night.

Rough Cutt was the opener at the show I saw. Don’t think I ever heard of them again come to think of it. 😂

Interesting. I saw Dio on the Sacred Heart Tour and Rough Cutt opened on that run. I know Wendy was also
managing them at the time---Rough Cutt, that is.

Marillion, December 1984
Hammersmith Odeon, London

Yes, gentlemen: full-on Prog with much lyrical embellishment. I was 14.

Most of the crowd were much bigger than me; that is to say, fully grown adults. I suppose at least half of them smoked. Like all gigs back then, it stank of smoke and beer. Pretty exciting for a teenager to be with a big roaring crowd like that.

Got my first tour t-shirt 🙂

Back