What the actual....? Why would one do this?

It was so perplexingly humorous, especially when he posted his number, and kept insisting that "the man with no name!" Call him...he just kept demanding I follow his edicts. That I should give him the answers he wanted, which was all the reasons I thought a certain modeler manufacturer sucked. Also, because he had never had any issues with his, I should just get off the forum so others can "do the work to make these devices better."
Ah, the "I attached my personality to a product/brand/sports team/political party" person.

"How dare you disparage the Bumfuck-Nowhere Pigslingers! They haven't won a game in a decade, but god damn it they are my team!"

Oh ....so now I've been (killed):banned from the forum....oops. oh well.

It was mostly cult members now anyway, considering anyone with brains had/has moved to other devices.

No true new update in 2 years, and people still think they will make an editor, or do something useful with midi.......any guesses what company I am referring to?

Last edited:
They have a forum? And people go to it? Is your name Bob?
:columbo
Yes ...um.... honestly no ... 89000 registered users....2200 active.....but that is not accurate, because active doesn't mean active.

Nope, not bob. But he may be Urboibob over there if I am not mistaken.

I was a beta tester a while back....very active, got frustrated with the way things were run or not for that matter.....just got tired of all the lies and bs ....called out one of the man members of the HR team....and had him blow up my first account, because I got tired of doing their work for them, answering questions and helping users...and also the constant stream of users with absolutely no clue....too much.

Went to start a new regular account, just to see the progress, was not surprised to see none ....made a few posts....left a couple comments, and this started the whole thing.....it's like a cult over there now ...you can't say anything critical or the fanbois jump on you call you negative and to sell your products....worse yet, without violating Terms of Use, I was banned and my IP was blocked..... because of a critical user....it's cool....I'll buy something else next time.

Yes ...um.... honestly no ... 89000 registered users....2200 active.....but that is not accurate, because active doesn't mean active.

Nope, not bob. But he may be Urboibob over there if I am not mistaken.

I was a beta tester a while back....very active, got frustrated with the way things were run or not for that matter.....just got tired of all the lies and bs ....called out one of the man members of the HR team....and had him blow up my first account, because I got tired of doing their work for them, answering questions and helping users...and also the constant stream of users with absolutely no clue....too much.

Went to start a new regular account, just to see the progress, was not surprised to see none ....made a few posts....left a couple comments, and this started the whole thing.....it's like a cult over there now ...you can't say anything critical or the fanbois jump on you call you negative and to sell your products....worse yet, without violating Terms of Use, I was banned and my IP was blocked..... because of a critical user....it's cool....I'll buy something else next time.
That's too bad. Those things are probably very usable but development is probably the last thing I would expect of them considering how long they have been out vs. the amount of "progress" that's been made on improving them. Hope you find something else that you like or at least are able to be ok with where their gear sits currently.

The other guitar player in the band hasn't used his Headrush Prime in months.

I think it had issues to begin with that would have kept me away from it, but he
is now a Never-Headrusher after their negligence in NOT supporting such a pricey
product. :idk

He also bought and returned a ToneX since then. :LOL:

That's too bad. Those things are probably very usable but development is probably the last thing I would expect of them considering how long they have been out vs. the amount of "progress" that's been made on improving them. Hope you find something else that you like or at least are able to be ok with where their gear sits currently.
Oh I know......I've had my device for awhile..I knew what I was getting into, and for my use case, into a tube amp, the issues don't bother me. I am smart enough to work around them, and fix the switches myself....no complaints about the sounds...or workflow.....at all ... just not doing slave labor for nothing.

The other guitar player in the band hasn't used his Headrush Prime in months.

I think it had issues to begin with that would have kept me away from it, but he
is now a Never-Headrusher after their negligence in NOT supporting such a pricey
product. :idk

He also bought and returned a ToneX since then. :LOL:
Yeah, to be honest ....they rushed the Prime and the Core ..why I'm not sure. Didn't let any testers know beforehand.....used all our ideas to create the new features.....told the legacy testers they would continue to develop....dropped a new FW... dropped a new beta FW....and then essentially shut up shop and quit communicating with any tester.

They only reply to hardware issues with commands to contact support......that is it.

They rushed the FW, on the Prime.....and then had to rush 2 patches....to be honest it isn't even on a true stable build....you know this because it is like 3.1.2

They release those to beta testers ...all finished FW is only 2 digit...like 2.6.

Any decimal after that ..is a beta designation.

Then.... users of the pedal board/gig board/mx5

Were told they wouldn't get their new FW, because they couldn't fix the prime end features, thus couldn't give them their final build ....and didn't want them to feel cheated.....so we have been waiting, while a finished FW has been done and confirmed so, just because the prime won't have something we would .....for 1 and a half years....how stupid?

On top of that, this finished FW was in development for over a year before that....so that's 2 and a half years for one firmware update cycle....what? Also ...just to gain a ten band eq...and a morning glory emulation....pshhhh.... dumb. Seriously....that's all the update is....and these fools think they are getting an editor and more advanced midi functionality.... yeah right ...big fucking joke.

On top of that ..there are testers in there now acting like it's a big deal to be a tester....saying the update is just around the corner, and it's game changing....and it's all lies.

I called it all out....got deleted.

Yeah...I'm a little salty

It's like what the gigboard was to the pedalboard.

Also funny ...they cripple those devices take modes away...but then print the manual that those modes are there ...users lose shit hahahaha.

TBH, both devices are running the same hardware as the legacy devices...so it is just a new GUI...and new features...most of which suck.

I actually feel bad for anyone who purchased anything but an mx5.... because that is the same guts ..but just 300 dollars....so if you pay more than that you are dumb.... especially knowing it has a dual stereo effects loop

If you get a small midi controller, soldering iron, some replacement momentary switches, and external expression pedal ...bam....pretty handy tool. Especially when running a dual mono, wet dry, or stereo setup.

Honestly, to replace what I have and not lose functionality, would be prohibitively expensive for me....and I can't do that. Took me so long to figure out how to use it, and I argue once you do it's awesome, I can't do without it. But I don't play out....wish I did, but I don't

I am ashamed to admit, but it is Headrush......don't roast me.
No roasts here. I honestly forget the Headrush even exists. I feel like they had some momentum with the MX5 because it was small and affordable, but it's been crickets since the Prime released.

I thought the Prime had many cool features to it but it's a real shame if the company is doing nothing to improve it. The whole product line seems weirdly out of date for any amp/cab modeling stuff. It has that "caricature" sound of some older modelers. The effects don't seem bad.

Headrush and IK are both weird companies to me in the way they operate. It's easy to see the potential of both, but the execution always has a bunch of issues.

No roasts here. I honestly forget the Headrush even exists. I feel like they had some momentum with the MX5 because it was small and affordable, but it's been crickets since the Prime released.

I thought the Prime had many cool features to it but it's a real shame if the company is doing nothing to improve it. The whole product line seems weirdly out of date for any amp/cab modeling stuff. It has that "caricature" sound of some older modelers. The effects don't seem bad.

Headrush and IK are both weird companies to me in the way they operate. It's easy to see the potential of both, but the execution always has a bunch of issues.
Headrush isn't even really a brand, honestly. They are just a bunch of old ips, that they throw in a box....no true innovation.

They are worse than behringer(sp) to be honest.

They took old plugins fron avid, alesis, and the like.... repurposed them.....took all the algorithms from the eleven rack ... limited the midi implementation in the process, and just said hey....let's make some more cash from all these dead IPS.

I really wanted to be happy with them ...but I was actually getting flammed a couple years ago because I was understanding and supportive to the HR team ...but once I started poking around, and asking questions and being treated like trash, especially after they released the prime, I finally saw what the whole thing was...

At least the beta.....it was free research and ideas....and free field testing.....just by trying to make certain people feel important....they will do all the work then. Not me.

Not gonna lie, haven't seen a HR response on anything real...in over 1 and a half years.....

They just delete the accounts of those who dissent.

Oh well ..line 6 or boss next time it is.

Back