What the actual....? Why would one do this?

So, let's just say one has a disagreement over an opinion about a product...and one side believes the other is being a troll, when the other asked a legit question...and then is commanded to call them on their personal land line...to discuss aforementioned disagreement...and they want answers!

Who actually thinks this is the way?

Also, why would you put your home number on a public forum?

I am trying to be a good boy ...but this fool is too much.

Blocked, ignored...this homie is all over the forum trying to plead some odd case....and then keeps sending me messages, even though I let it all go yesterday. It's handled....but damn....also this dude is a P&W guy, so this is so funny.

[Edit: Also ... Has a band named The Yacht Club. https://www.smoothsailingrock.com/ ...pretty sure I hurt his feelings with a joke about him being a member of TOP.]

So question....do I have fun? Or do you guys want to make some calls?

I mean....I feel a lesson needs to be learned here.....am I wrong?

Last edited:
a3be8e21-faa4-4e38-ad2a-56a2ec4af2a1_text.gif

Not to be a tool and respond to my own post, but....

Update: The weird subject of this post has since deleted every post on the aforementioned forum pertaining to our spat after I mentioned to the room that I was receiving some rather weird direct messages....and had since removed all proof of insanity. Also deleted his profile pic...so funny.

I mean this dude was very adamant that he was mad because he didn't know my real life identity. Kept referring to me as "the man with no name." it is one of the oddest interactions I've had online...and I've been online since 95.

So I guess that's a mild win....I mean, I hate to mute a sumbitch....but sometimes it's the only choice ...I have a hard time ignoring stupid.

But at least I put his number in my contacts for when I'm bored on a road trip sometime!

Last edited:
Mum said never take candy from strangers, and do not dwell on TGP
Stephen King Clown GIF by Maudit
Oh I get it....sadly it wasn't there. It was on a manufacturer user forum for a modeler ...and I'm not willing to admit my ownership.

Hahaha.

Also, I got murdered by a mod awhile back on tgp.... apparently you can't question certain members about certain information....we all know how it goes there.....so I took some time away from forums....to figure out how I want to proceed ....

This place just feels right to me.....just the right amount of sane.

Hold on..., we need to back up a bit before you get too cozy.

Dill or sweet pickles?
What's your stance on Mesa Badlanders and Edwards LP's?

;)
I make my own pickles...I prefer hot dills....then hot sweets...then hot garlics....and finally...dilly beans....so yeah ..i am well pickled. :pickle

No experience with the Badlanders....only dual rec and single rec...and that was soooooo long ago, before I discovered my one and only Laney Amplification....and purchased my first GH100L in 1999.

Also not familiar with Edwards LPs.....once was an LP lover. Thank you Zakk. But could never sit with them...and landed on the SG/Polara tip. Thank you Kim and Tony.

Hopefully that's good enough.

Edit: quick search...if they are made by esp...im ok with them.

Last edited:
There's some people who perceive any disagreement as a personal attack and then "winning" the argument becomes weirdly important. They tend to be exhausting.

The best way is to stop responding to them, ignore they exist so they can see you are posting, but not answering their posts. This likely infuriates them even more which means they are likely to post some stupid shit that makes others hate them or call out their bullshit.

There's some people who perceive any disagreement as a personal attack and then "winning" the argument becomes weirdly important. They tend to be exhausting.

The best way is to stop responding to them, ignore they exist so they can see you are posting, but not answering their posts. This likely infuriates them even more which means they are likely to post some stupid shit that makes others hate them or call out their bullshit.
Indeed.

I have a hard time with this particular type of Stoopid.

I get all of what you are saying.

I was just surprised by how frentic the subjects spin was ..and how it totally opposed the messages I was receiving in my mailbox, after I quit responding to him.

It was so perplexingly humorous, especially when he posted his number, and kept insisting that "the man with no name!" Call him...he just kept demanding I follow his edicts. That I should give him the answers he wanted, which was all the reasons I thought a certain modeler manufacturer sucked. Also, because he had never had any issues with his, I should just get off the forum so others can "do the work to make these devices better."

Ironically, I was a beta tester for the company for 3 years and quit because the company is essentially fake.

They haven't issued any major update in over 1 1/2 years, and have constant ongoing hardware issues they refuse to acknowledge.

...but I should just be positive and smile...and just give away my money gleefully and trust that my corporate daddy will take good care of me...

Anyway...matter closed ....steam vented....ding dong a danga lang all day long.

Thanks for listening all.

Last edited:
The best recipe is good sense of humor. If you feed trouble-lovers and trolls with endless argy-bargy, indignation and aggrieved responses, they grow up and feel stronger. But laughs and good spirit makes them feel impotent.

Cory Booker Jokes GIF by Election 2020

Back