What do you think of the new TONEX Mesa Amps?

Granted, I'm making a hefty ton of assumptions, but yes, 20 minutes isn't "hard work".
I basically make captures full time. Sometimes I will make only four captures in a day.

The 20 minutes is only the processing time. And it is not a fun process.

There is alot of other variables involved such as setup, test recordings etc.

In my view, I am selling my time, experience and equipment to each person that buys.

It's just like buying a music CD, record or even digital music.

Not sure the time it takes to make a capture is a factor at all. IK (probably 😉) have more than one computer, and they can train offline or in batches. They aren’t necessarily using the same version as consumers.

I’d be amazed if the development costs are comparable to their other $99 products, not that it matters in the slightest. It’s a much more sensible model than whatever Atomic are trying to do.

I bought it (using jam points as well) and think it sounds good. I feel like I have to drive the input (like most Tonex captures in my experience), but once I have done that it helps me get a very good sound quickly and on with writing music.

Works for me and I’m pleased to be able to access profiles of these amps that I wouldn’t be able to otherwise.

I bought it (using jam points as well) and think it sounds good. I feel like I have to drive the input (like most Tonex captures in my experience), but once I have done that it helps me get a very good sound quickly and on with writing music.

Works for me and I’m pleased to be able to access profiles of these amps that I wouldn’t be able to otherwise.
Yeah that's another thing I'd like to know, is what type of input level Tonex in general expects, and also what these Mesa captures expect in order to achieve the most "true to reference" tone.

It's something that's been a hot topic lately, and I do think it's important. That's one thing Tonocracy definitely nailed, is standardizing an input level across the entire platform, to ensure consistency across profiles.

Spitfire libraries
They have a free BBC orchestra, an amazing free plugin/collection called Labs with tons of great instruments, and their Originals line is $20 a pop for beautiful pianos and drums and more. So aside from their expensive stuff, which is excellent, they are definitely giving back to the music community, or at least offering a way in for everyone not just folks with big budgets. I love what that company is all about.

Back