What Are You Working On Right Now?

Jarick

Shredder
Thought it might be fun to have kind of an open-ended thread about what people are working on currently. Might be a good place to focus on playing, practicing, learning, and all that stuff instead of just gear!

I am currently working through the TrueFire jazz guitar learning path as I've always wanted to learn and improve jazz guitar. I started it a couple years ago then forgot about it, and picked it back up a couple weeks ago.

Right now I'm speeding through the "late beginner to intermediate" videos as they are pretty easy, but I have picked up a couple things. I'm not great with chords (or theory), so learning the real names and alternate shapes of "jazzy chords" that I've been playing for decades is nice.

Gonna learn some bass …

If I’m splappin’ n’ poppin in a few months I’ll be rotflmao

bass GIF

I’m tone matching my acoustic with my AxeFx to do some stereo IR’s. I have a mono one I’m already happy with. But am making XY , stereo pair, blumlein, and mid side to compare

I'm back to doing something I return to periodically--trying to smooth out the chorus of Limelight. Oh, and in another deja vu woring on the intro to Electric Gypsy again.

My practice mostly involves learning licks and parts of solos, rather than entire songs, because I'm trying to use those licks as exercises. Things that, once learned, will give me a jump on other, similar riffs/solos.

That's a great song with a killer riff. How you coming along?
This is more on the lines of Michael’s tendencies and technique.
Unfortunately it’s not also a tutorial on playing “ Into the Arena “ 🤷🏻
On the question of how I’m coming along well 🤔🙃
I’m enjoying working on the content provided and have my good days and bad days.
Yesterday was a good day!
Hopefully I can follow it up with another one tonight.

This is more on the lines of Michael’s tendencies and technique.
Unfortunately it’s not also a tutorial on playing “ Into the Arena “ 🤷🏻
On the question of how I’m coming along well 🤔🙃
I’m enjoying working on the content provided and have my good days and bad days.
Yesterday was a good day!
Hopefully I can follow it up with another one tonight.
Hit that Shed Cheech

The-Woodshed.jpg

:headbang

Bluegrass mandolin + guitar.

Also, fingerstyle acoustic guitar songs like Harris And The Mare (Stan Rogers) + playing/singing stuff like Never Going Back (F. Mac) and Mother Nature's Son (Beatles).

Kind of going through an all-acoustic phase, after several months of modeler/FM9 fun.

Gipsy Jazz when I can stop trying to make the guitar work better. I have two and I can’t stop swapping between them either.
Watch this;

Amazing and I noticed he has the fret marker on fret 9 instead of the traditional fret10 . This is driving me nuts. I will probably end up moving it on mine too🤣

Last edited:
Back