What Are You Working On Right Now?

Ya know, it’s nearly impossible to get it all down good at the same time. It’s like juggling. Currently working on 3 musical philosophies:
Singing
Sight reading and always
Guitar playing.

My sight reading and guitar playing got better, but my singing went to hell. Now I’m working on my voice I’m sure that’ll shoot to shit my guitar playing.

I've been having a blast the last few years just laying down a groove or riff in the looper and jamming/writing. Its been fun and quite rewarding. I don't sing or play out so it's been more fun than the early years of learning others music and the mid years of theory.

I just kind of let go of all that and do what I can with what I have learned over the years. I still occasionally work on theory or techniques but only to further my ideas. Sometimes I'll loop an old favorite metal song but clean toned and swinging rhythm and then try and figure the vocal melody out on guitar in a smooth jazz style. That's been fun, too.

I've been having a blast the last few years just laying down a groove or riff in the looper and jamming/writing. Its been fun and quite rewarding. I don't sing or play out so it's been more fun than the early years of learning others music and the mid years of theory.

I just kind of let go of all that and do what I can with what I have learned over the years. I still occasionally work on theory or techniques but only to further my ideas. Sometimes I'll loop an old favorite metal song but clean toned and swinging rhythm and then try and figure the vocal melody out on guitar in a smooth jazz style. That's been fun, too.

Loopers are fun as fuck. Great tool for timing and rhythm and phrasing and all that jazz. :chef

Curious what your choice of weapon is??

I've used them at home as long as I can remember. Always have one on my board. :banana

Sound on Sound.
Thanks, Les Paul! :beer

Yeah looping is great. Sure beats the old boombox and rewinding tapes. I've been using the little ditto for loops. It only stores one at a time but with layering and undo that's enough for me.

It's easy enough to just lay another loop down if I want to work on something else. I kept thinking it may crap out on me after reading about others troubles but it's still kicking after a few years of use

Learning some Paganini. I love the way his phrases move through varying chords as he goes along. That type of writing is so appealing to me.

Right atm I'm editing the tabs to Moto Perpetuo to make it guitar-friendly. Who tabs this stuff anyway? :facepalm

There's an Hospice Chaplain who stops by to see my Stepfather once a week, and he plays
Classical Guitar when he does. He's actually quite good.

Has made me want to get into playing the Nylon string a little more. It's been under my
bed for about 5 straight years. :facepalm

I used to be able to play Bach's Minuet in G Major. Pretty easy all things considered. I agree
that the harmonic progressions in classical music can be just :chef

The Four Seasons, Presto - Vivaldi, arranged for electric guitar by German Schauss

20240309_161454.jpg
20240309_162403.jpg

I've given up on Fairies Wear Boots the 2 or 3 times I've tried it in the past, but damnit, not giving up this time. A little bit of work on it every day and it's improving.

I know I've mentioned in another thread (or earlier in this one?) - just such an odd thing to play. Maybe you need to chop off your finger tips and play an SG? Or maybe picking on Ozzy incessantly will prove enlightening? :unsure:

Fairies.png

No problem with the first 2 bars, I'm using my mf on the 1st and picking the 4th string - and both strings ring out well as I'm kind of squeezing them together.

The trouble starts in the 3rd bar, sliding 9 to 12 and then hitting the 10, and the pattern goes up and back down. For the life of me I can't get a clean 1st string note with just my mf plucking, and have had to resort to upstroking it with the pick (but it's very wasteful in movement). Maybe I need to grow a nail (not happening lol) or put a banjo finger pick on? :facepalm Would be mucho easier if I could use my mf here. Or I could just give it my true MF :cool: hehehe.

Any one else remember playing this? This is tabbed in E Std but I've heard Iommi played it in C#? Maybe it's a forked up tab?

Back