What are you listening to right now ?

Just finished the show-
04B9DE41-FC36-42D8-AB67-1C162AB2D373.jpg

They made a full album for the show, Jackson Browne helped with some of it and what I didn’t know until 5 seconds ago is that Daisy (Riley Keough) is Elvis’ granddaughter, Lisa Marie’s daughter. I mentioned in the post I made about the show how well the actors did playing the instruments; I guess they had them training for a year prior to shooting, then covid shut everything down and they spent the entire lockdown practicing, so when they were filming the show they were actually playing onstage as a band together and there’s actually talk of putting them on the road if all the actors schedule’s lined up.

Hahahha and less than 12 hours ago I was at my former guitar player’s house listening to a bunch of “trve cvlt sh*t” underground death metal for 3 hours.

Hahahha and less than 12 hours ago I was at my former guitar player’s house listening to a bunch of “trve cvlt sh*t” underground death metal for 3 hours.
Diversity is key :satan

Just finished the show-
View attachment 5698

They made a full album for the show, Jackson Browne helped with some of it and what I didn’t know until 5 seconds ago is that Daisy (Riley Keough) is Elvis’ granddaughter, Lisa Marie’s daughter. I mentioned in the post I made about the show how well the actors did playing the instruments; I guess they had them training for a year prior to shooting, then covid shut everything down and they spent the entire lockdown practicing, so when they were filming the show they were actually playing onstage as a band together and there’s actually talk of putting them on the road if all the actors schedule’s lined up.

They did a great job on that. Blake Mills has become a sort of go-to Producer extraordinaire for that kind of
Laurel Canyon 70s vibe that bands like The Dawes recently tried to doing version 2.0 of.

I don't love listening to that kind of stuff all the time, but it is a nice change of pace from time to time. You
can definitely hear those Jackson Browne/Fleetwood Mac/Graham Parsons style changes in the music.

And it's cool that Sound City Studios is still active and alive.

Technically listening to whilst doing other things, but it’s up on the screen:

These two siblings rock out harder than most of the pansy-asses on the radio these days. I discovered Larkin Poe via Rhett Shull. Probably the only useful thing I ever got from his channel.

Back