What Are The Pros & Cons of Various DAWs, for a Total Newb?

I’m pretty sure I used the word “stupid “… lol

But I don’t have a Mac around here, other than an iPad Pro with an M1.

Do you think that would be sufficient? (it’s my wife’s birthday present from last year lol, so I’m not sure I can steal it for dedicated studio use.)
Looks like GB for iOS does include Drummer, including the "follow" function:

the "follow Track X" function, which tells it to reference another track (either MIDI or audio) in your session for where to place kick and snare in combination with the X-Y grid makes putting together a groove that makes sense with your idea soooooooooo much faster than any other "collection of pre-programmed groove"

Amen to that.
Add to this the options to adjust the fill intensity and to preselect some drum elements Drummer should be using and it's almost like in AI land (even if it isn't an AI by any means). "Hey, Drummer, please play a very light tom based groove with little variation but allow yourself to do plenty of fills. Also make sure to play laid back and try to follow the keyboard a bit with your kick/snare groove!" Pretty well possible.

Using the "Scale and Layout" option above 100% in Windows?
I'm using a 32" 1440p screen which has the same PPI as a 24" 1080p monitor, it's a great PPI sweet spot for productivity, gaming and movies for me and doesn't need scaling.

If I didn’t have a Mac I’d probably look at Studio One first. Along with EZ Drummer.

Just in to say that I don't feel responsible for anybody buying a Mac. The gripes I'm having with Apple would fill a book (sticking with their computers very likely, though).

I’ve had them all… From Solaris, Atari, NT, Apple, Windoze etc… no loyalty here

Just tools
1920px-Atari-800-Computer-FL.jpg

Can someone flip me a solid and recommend a great introductory logic YouTube video? I’m not afraid of the deep end as long as I get kind of walked into it lovingly 🥰

(I don’t want to sort through a bunch of bad shit. Hopefully it’s not extemporaneous either.)

TIA! (no, not the TIA about Africa)

2014 Mac mini's pretty well loaded sell for well under $300, come with GarageBand, and run a supported version of Mac OS ....

They will be rendered pretty much obsolete any day soon, though. In case you're not using it for anything else it might not be much of an issue, but as soon as you do, it will, at least one day. As an example, my old white plastic Macbook, while fully functional, while loaded with 1.5TB of diskspace (I ripped the optical drive out in favour of a second HDD) can't do much anymore. Runs Logic 9 pretty much like a champ but I can't even load the most un-fancy websites anymore, not even with some patched Firefox versions.
That's one of the major downsides of the Apple ecosystem - they can render any machine obsolete for no technical reasons.
Yeah, I got my money's worth out of the thing (same goes for the 2010 Mac Pro I'm typing this on), but especially these days I'd really love being able to use my computers for a bit longer.
Anyway, a 2014 Mac Mini would be something I possibly wouldn't recommend too much in case it should be used for other things but Garageband and Logic (and even those can't be updated to their latest incarnations anymore - or at least pretty soon).

This one seems decent:

But I haven't entirely watched it.

Do you have any previous knowledge about DAWs?

Yes … just enough to be dangerous… and I recorded a lot in the analog world 30 years ago, so I understand the analogies/metaphors

Many thanks for the suggestion!

Back