What amp models do you wish would be added to your favorite modeling platform?

TheTrueZoltan!

Shredder
Title explains itself. No matter what digital hard- or software modeling platform you are using - what amps do you think are either non- or underrepresented in the current modeling world, and deserve more attention?

Here are mine:
- Mesa Badlander :cool:
- Marshall Valvestate 8100
- Marshall JCM900 SL-X
- Marshall DSL100H
- Engl Artist Edition
- Engl Savage MkII

Last edited:
Your list is great, basically my list would either be amps I own, or want to own and a good model might save me some cash lol

• SSv2
  • ENGL Fireball
  • 900 SLX
  • Twin Sister
  • Granophyre
  • Uber Ultra :satan

Randall RG100ES
Rockman X100
Peavey Bandit (1st Gen '83-'89, Solo Series)

Tube amps are boring.

No stock jcm 800?

Special Victims Unit Nbc GIF by Law & Order

Mesa Rectifier Channel 2 orange/vintage
Marshall Silver Jubilee Lead channel
Fender Super Reverb with ceramic JBLs or EVs
A 2 or 4 speaker EV12L cab
More of the L6 cab collection in the new cab format

Hmm in the Fractal
Mezzabarba Mzero
CAZ 45
Tone King Imperial
Mesa Cali Tweed

And the Nobles ODR drive box

Really beyond that nothing really
Even the above I could tweak other models to get close if I spent the time ,

Really it already has a ton of stuff

I'd love a Omega Granophyre on Helix.

And, a Dumble, just to hush the naysayers - though i'd argue that the platform already has tones sounds pretty well covered (Litigator et al).

I couldn't care less about getting new amps, but it would be nice, very nice, if in the Fractal they would consolidate amps, and model them they way they work in the real world.

Like how a Mesa Dual Rec has switches for bold, modern, spongy, etc. And instead of having, say, a model for a JPIIC+ Red, then a separate model for the JPIIC+ Red Shred..., incorporate it into one model, with the ability to not only change the real-life channels (red, green, yellow) without having to select a different model, but also engage the switches, like shred.

Sure, keep the deep-dive adjustments that allow you to tweak those different modes beyond what you can do on the real amps, like how much you can adjust the variac parameter (which btw, I can never remember how to do this, b/c it's not called 'variac'), but simplify the models so we don't have to select a different model entirely, or in the case of the "shred" switch, engage the shred boost on another page, because even using that method doesn't simulate how the real amp works, because there are other parameters you need to/can adjust.

Iow, I have no idea (without going back and reading the release notes or wiki, because I don't think stuff like this is covered in the manual) how to make that 'shred boost' parameter work just like it does on the real amp.

Yeah, we have a Red and a Red Shred model, but when you switch from one to the other, your other parameters also change, not all of them, but again, this isn't how it works on the real amp. You hit the switch, and boom, you're in shred mode, the way Mesa designed it to change your tone.

Put all this stuff on "authentic" page(s), then keep the other pages, so guys like me who want to use the Fractal in the same manner the real-world amp works, can..., and keep the deep-dive pages for anyone who wants to tweak those parameters further than you can IRL.

I really wouldn't be surprised if this is the kind of stuff we'll see in the next versions of the Fractal gear- getting the modeling, of not just the amps but also effects, to behave just like the real-world counterparts they're modeled after.

I couldn't care less about getting new amps, but it would be nice, very nice, if in the Fractal they would consolidate amps, and model them they way they work in the real world.

Like how a Mesa Dual Rec has switches for bold, modern, spongy, etc. And instead of having, say, a model for a JPIIC+ Red, then a separate model for the JPIIC+ Red Shred..., incorporate it into one model, with the ability to not only change the real-life channels (red, green, yellow) without having to select a different model, but also engage the switches, like shred.

Sure, keep the deep-dive adjustments that allow you to tweak those different modes beyond what you can do on the real amps, like how much you can adjust the variac parameter (which btw, I can never remember how to do this, b/c it's not called 'variac'), but simplify the models so we don't have to select a different model entirely, or in the case of the "shred" switch, engage the shred boost on another page, because even using that method doesn't simulate how the real amp works, because there are other parameters you need to/can adjust.

Iow, I have no idea (without going back and reading the release notes or wiki, because I don't think stuff like this is covered in the manual) how to make that 'shred boost' parameter work just like it does on the real amp.

Yeah, we have a Red and a Red Shred model, but when you switch from one to the other, your other parameters also change, not all of them, but again, this isn't how it works on the real amp. You hit the switch, and boom, you're in shred mode, the way Mesa designed it to change your tone.

Put all this stuff on "authentic" page(s), then keep the other pages, so guys like me who want to use the Fractal in the same manner the real-world amp works, can..., and keep the deep-dive pages for anyone who wants to tweak those parameters further than you can IRL.

I really wouldn't be surprised if this is the kind of stuff we'll see in the next versions of the Fractal gear- getting the modeling, of not just the amps but also effects, to behave just like the real-world counterparts they're modeled after.
That would be cool! It's one of the things I liked about the QC models (some of them). For example the Herbert has the plus minus and mid cut switch all up front. Although the channels were their own separate model it was still nice to have it somewhat combined

I suspect this is what you will see to some extent , Cliff mentioned he does not like the authentic/ ideal
Just wants the amps tone then a second mods or tweaks pages
And remove the controls that do not apply to that model or do nothing

I think it is possible you will see that in the FX too , but this is probably a huge project from an Axe editor perspective w a lot of redesign

this is probably a huge project from an Axe editor perspective w a lot of redesign
I completely agree! But in getting to know the Axe III for the past couple years, and not from the perspective of someone who has been using them from the early days, the gear seems like a house that's been added onto several times.

Iow, if this was a brand new, bottom-up creation, I could see everything "flowing" more easily. Like, and I'm just guessing here, they model a Dual Rec, but they don't yet have a way of emulating the Bold/Spongy switch. That feature gets added later on, in a FW update, so it gets placed on a deep-dive page. This sort of things goes on, so after all these changes, someone who hasn't worked with the product from the beginning, looks at it as a bit disorganized. Like in the house reference I made above, in which you have to walk through a bedroom to access a bathroom.

So, since the gear seems by many accounts to have reached a point where, what more can they do, even if there are still improvements to be made, I doubt anyone could refute the fact that the 'improvement curve' is certainly flattening out. Which leads me to believe the logical thing to do with the next generation, is to improve, no, check that..., totally re-vamp the workflow. How it's laid out, the editor, the UI, everything.

A/DA MP-1 would complete the amp model Dragon Balls for me.
Actually that's one amp model I would also like to see (even though I said I couldn't care less; I just forgot about that one.)
But make it like the real one: One amp model, with the modes built-in. I suppose we don't really need the chorus though! haha

I completely agree! But in getting to know the Axe III for the past couple years, and not from the perspective of someone who has been using them from the early days, the gear seems like a house that's been added onto several times.

Iow, if this was a brand new, bottom-up creation, I could see everything "flowing" more easily. Like, and I'm just guessing here, they model a Dual Rec, but they don't yet have a way of emulating the Bold/Spongy switch. That feature gets added later on, in a FW update, so it gets placed on a deep-dive page. This sort of things goes on, so after all these changes, someone who hasn't worked with the product from the beginning, looks at it as a bit disorganized. Like in the house reference I made above, in which you have to walk through a bedroom to access a bathroom.

So, since the gear seems by many accounts to have reached a point where, what more can they do, even if there are still improvements to be made, I doubt anyone could refute the fact that the 'improvement curve' is certainly flattening out. Which leads me to believe the logical thing to do with the next generation, is to improve, no, check that..., totally re-vamp the workflow. How it's laid out, the editor, the UI, everything.
I think that is a legit request perhaps for AX4 , to start from scratch and get all the things in there which would result in less models but a more real world exp

something like the DZL
Herb for instance would not have a ch2 - and Ch2+ It would be one model with the +/- switch and a mid-cut switch mirroring the amp

@TSJMajesty Yeah to even go further I think it would be awesome if you could just select an amp, and within it you simply channel select from within it like a real amp. This is fully acknowledging that these channels are effectively unique models, and that essentially means behind the scenes it would have to load models for each channel even if you’re not using them, but as processing power gets stronger I think that would be a cool approach. So for example you select the JVM amp, and from within that block you could scene change between any of the four channels, without adding multiple amps blocks.

Back