What amp models do you wish would be added to your favorite modeling platform?

@Digital Igloo can we get a Bad Monkey in the Helix please?

I've ignored this pedal for years because people on forums told me it sucked but now Josh Scott has done a video, I'm easily led and really want one but don't want to pay £300.

Can you also make sure Ben models it properly keeping the shitty bypass everyone says it has so it kills my tone even if that block is turned off? I really want to make sure I get the proper Bad Monkey experience.

'kay thanks.

:puppet

Wasn't the biggest part of what gave him that tone the fact he used that Akai tape deck as a pre-amp, and not so much the specific variation of Marshall he used?
The amp was quite modded, cascaded volumes, extra preamp tube added in 1973 and more.
The Aiwa tape deck didn't enter the picture until Coverdale and Hughes joined the band. California Jam is the first recording with him using the Aiwa.
Here's a guy that build one to Blackmore specs, I'd say he nailed it :)

@Digital Igloo can we get a Bad Monkey in the Helix please?

I've ignored this pedal for years because people on forums told me it sucked but now Josh Scott has done a video, I'm easily led and really want one but don't want to pay £300.

Can you also make sure Ben models it properly keeping the sh*tty bypass everyone says it has so it kills my tone even if that block is turned off? I really want to make sure I get the proper Bad Monkey experience.

'kay thanks.

:puppet

Pff it'll never sound like the real thing. And you'll just get 100 threads about how it wasn't modeled on the US version which is clearly superior and stuff

Early Recto, modern red channel colored to Orange...Mmmmm goodness.

I couldn't care less about getting new amps, but it would be nice, very nice, if in the Fractal they would consolidate amps, and model them they way they work in the real world.

Like how a Mesa Dual Rec has switches for bold, modern, spongy, etc. And instead of having, say, a model for a JPIIC+ Red, then a separate model for the JPIIC+ Red Shred..., incorporate it into one model, with the ability to not only change the real-life channels (red, green, yellow) without having to select a different model, but also engage the switches, like shred.

Sure, keep the deep-dive adjustments that allow you to tweak those different modes beyond what you can do on the real amps, like how much you can adjust the variac parameter (which btw, I can never remember how to do this, b/c it's not called 'variac'), but simplify the models so we don't have to select a different model entirely, or in the case of the "shred" switch, engage the shred boost on another page, because even using that method doesn't simulate how the real amp works, because there are other parameters you need to/can adjust.

Iow, I have no idea (without going back and reading the release notes or wiki, because I don't think stuff like this is covered in the manual) how to make that 'shred boost' parameter work just like it does on the real amp.

Yeah, we have a Red and a Red Shred model, but when you switch from one to the other, your other parameters also change, not all of them, but again, this isn't how it works on the real amp. You hit the switch, and boom, you're in shred mode, the way Mesa designed it to change your tone.

Put all this stuff on "authentic" page(s), then keep the other pages, so guys like me who want to use the Fractal in the same manner the real-world amp works, can..., and keep the deep-dive pages for anyone who wants to tweak those parameters further than you can IRL.

I really wouldn't be surprised if this is the kind of stuff we'll see in the next versions of the Fractal gear- getting the modeling, of not just the amps but also effects, to behave just like the real-world counterparts they're modeled after.
Keep in mind that loading all three channels of a three channels amp as a single amp model rather than as individual channels just roughly tripled the CPU load of the amp models block.

Currently, an entire DSP chip (or thereabouts) is dedicated to running the amp models in Fractal the way that they are. I doubt they do that for shits and giggles - I can't imagine there is a ton of headroom left on that chip when it loads something like a single channel of one of the Mesa Mark amps.

My feeling is Cliff would use any extra processing power that an Axe IV might have for making each model that much more close to his ideal than to just giving enough headroom for amp models to double, triple, quadruple in size by becoming unified rather than just including individual channels.

Keep in mind that loading all three channels of a three channels amp as a single amp model rather than as individual channels just roughly tripled the CPU load of the amp models block.

Currently, an entire DSP chip (or thereabouts) is dedicated to running the amp models in Fractal the way that they are. I doubt they do that for s***s and giggles - I can't imagine there is a ton of headroom left on that chip when it loads something like a single channel of one of the Mesa Mark amps.

My feeling is Cliff would use any extra processing power that an Axe IV might have for making each model that much more close to his ideal than to just giving enough headroom for amp models to double, triple, quadruple in size by becoming unified rather than just including individual channels.
Fractal's channels feature can already pretty much keep in memory several different amps. Memory use would skyrocket if it also had to handle the different modes, channels etc for each amp model while still providing 4 different channel spots.

Anything else is really just user interface stuff. The system could show the user a front panel that behaves like the real amp but in reality behind the scenes switches amp models if the user selects a different channel or some particular modes that require enough signal path changes.

Their current system is just not designed for this but I certainly hope they use this approach for a future product as 300 amp models, or about 100 unique amps, is a lot to manage.

What do you like about that?

I mean, I have that amp, and I've never noticed anything about the clean channel that jumped out at me.
The Recto multi watt clean channel is a Lonestar clean channel. So there wouldn’t be a lot of point to it anyway, since it’s already there in the Helix and Fractal.

For the Fractals:

Diezel Herbert clean channel
Diezel Herbert Mk III channel 3 (the new model is channel 2)
Fryette Ultra Lead with EQ
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Mesa Blue Angel (both power tube types individually and then combined)
Dr. Z CAZ 45

And I’ll be the voice of dissent and say I DO NOT want the models to act more like their real world counterparts, with a couple of exceptions. I especially hope we don’t lose the “Ideal” page as I love having the Overdrive control for some amps that don’t have one, but it still affects the model.

I would love to have the Tone King imperial and the Jim Kelley amps in Fractal world.
Jim Kelley stuff might be interesting.

The Tone King, is basically a Fender Deluxe + Tweed in one package with a unique speaker setup. I would like to see IRs of its cab tho.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - FAS needs bass content. No more "just use guitar stuff". When I said this on fas forums when I was still using it for bass all I got was guitar players telling me bass is simple and doesn't need more models and leave the complexity for the [superior] guitar players. Oh but it definitely needs more marshalls :cautious:

L6 seriously has fractal beat in this category

Back