What amp models do you wish would be added to your favorite modeling platform?

@TSJMajesty Yeah to even go further I think it would be awesome if you could just select an amp, and within it you simply channel select from within it like a real amp. This is fully acknowledging that these channels are effectively unique models, and that essentially means behind the scenes it would have to load models for each channel even if you’re not using them, but as processing power gets stronger I think that would be a cool approach. So for example you select the JVM amp, and from within that block you could scene change between any of the four channels, without adding multiple amps blocks.
Yeah, exactly. The only downside (other than the work it would take) is that Fractal wouldn't then be able to claim "over 300 amp models", since it would greatly reduce that number.

But they could probably say something like, "In the new Axe FX IV, all the amp models function exactly as their real-world counterparts", or something to that effect.

Sorry OP- didn't mean to take away from the topic of the thread.

Well this sums it up for me

200w.gif

Bogner Helios
Diezel Hagan
Langner Modded Marshall
Selmer Zodiac
Laney Supergroup
Marshall Super Bass
Friedman Naked
Peavey VTM120
VHT Pitbull Ultralead
Fryette Sig X
Wizard MTL + MCII

Last edited:
I’d be cool with any of the more modern high gain heads from Randall and Fortin, mainly because I’ve never played through them and chances I’ll find them anywhere down here are slim.

Friedman JJ and Butterslax for sure!

I guess I'd also have to add the Badlander, since "everyone" seems to feel its its own thing, and not just a repackaged version of various other Mesas. Based on the reviews you guys here have written, I'd love to try one!

I guess I'd also have to add the Badlander, since "everyone" seems to feel its its own thing, and not just a repackaged version of various other Mesas. Based on the reviews you guys here have written, I'd love to try one!
If they add it in Fractal land they need to name it "JT's Amp"

None. I would rather they cut the amount down, made the channels etc work within one model or just moved to totally custom amp models based on classic tones.

I love seeing more talk about making the amp models function the same as the real amps where you can have all the same channels and controls on the model and use it the same way you’d use the real amp!

I’ve been wanting that for years.

I couldn't care less about getting new amps, but it would be nice, very nice, if in the Fractal they would consolidate amps, and model them they way they work in the real world.

Like how a Mesa Dual Rec has switches for bold, modern, spongy, etc. And instead of having, say, a model for a JPIIC+ Red, then a separate model for the JPIIC+ Red Shred..., incorporate it into one model, with the ability to not only change the real-life channels (red, green, yellow) without having to select a different model, but also engage the switches, like shred.

Sure, keep the deep-dive adjustments that allow you to tweak those different modes beyond what you can do on the real amps, like how much you can adjust the variac parameter (which btw, I can never remember how to do this, b/c it's not called 'variac'), but simplify the models so we don't have to select a different model entirely, or in the case of the "shred" switch, engage the shred boost on another page, because even using that method doesn't simulate how the real amp works, because there are other parameters you need to/can adjust.

Iow, I have no idea (without going back and reading the release notes or wiki, because I don't think stuff like this is covered in the manual) how to make that 'shred boost' parameter work just like it does on the real amp.

Yeah, we have a Red and a Red Shred model, but when you switch from one to the other, your other parameters also change, not all of them, but again, this isn't how it works on the real amp. You hit the switch, and boom, you're in shred mode, the way Mesa designed it to change your tone.

Put all this stuff on "authentic" page(s), then keep the other pages, so guys like me who want to use the Fractal in the same manner the real-world amp works, can..., and keep the deep-dive pages for anyone who wants to tweak those parameters further than you can IRL.

I really wouldn't be surprised if this is the kind of stuff we'll see in the next versions of the Fractal gear- getting the modeling, of not just the amps but also effects, to behave just like the real-world counterparts they're modeled after.

Great post, Tom. Maybe put this up over at Fractal.

Last time I did that you said you were kidding! Lol
"I ain't falling for no bannana-in-the-tailpipe!"
Seriously though, I don't wanna wear out my crown. :rofl
Only person that matters over there as far as features is the fractal team. Who cares what the other fanboiz say.

I think it's well thought out and a fantastic idea

Blackmores modded Marshall Major would be something!
Wasn't the biggest part of what gave him that tone the fact he used that Akai tape deck as a pre-amp, and not so much the specific variation of Marshall he used?

Back