What a "surprising" development!

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist

I'M LITERALLY FLABBERGASTED AT THIS SHOCKING DEVELOPMENT!

Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

Mind Reaction GIF

jurassic park mind blown GIF by Spotify

Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

Cannot stand Chapman, and refuse to listen to the feces dribble from his face. Many others are more reputable, and trustworthy .....

He's using the QC and it's everything he dreamed of. Except for the constructive criticisms at the end. He must have taken the $ that KMac2021 left on the table :bag
To be fair, he basically says it sounds great - which is the one thing even the biggest TGP haters were willing to concede - and then expresses the usual concerns about the power supply. He's obviously not been paying attention long enough to be aware of the broken promises and slow development pace.

But I would like to talk about the fact that he wants tolex on his floor modeler. :wat

To be fair, he basically says it sounds great - which is the one thing even the biggest TGP haters were willing to concede - and then expresses the usual concerns about the power supply. He's obviously not been paying attention long enough to be aware of the broken promises and slow development pace.

But I would like to talk about the fact that he wants tolex on his floor modeler. :wat
harry potter book GIF

To be fair, he basically says it sounds great - which is the one thing even the biggest TGP haters were willing to concede
But don't a majority of digital devices sound great? I will say I recall really liking the bass response from the QC. It's CHUNKY. Sometimes I feel like it has a "woof" to it that can be unpleasant. Have you ever experienced this

I will say I recall really liking the bass response from the QC. It's CHUNKY. Sometimes I feel like it has a "woof" to it that can be unpleasant. Have you ever experienced this
Yes, but I feel the same way about most tube amps unless I do something substantially counter-clockwise with the Bass knob, too. :idk (And the QC has a great EQ UI.)

But don't a majority of digital devices sound great?
I don't entirely agree. We're obviously way into subjective territory here. I've been through all the "biggies" except Fractal, and I've never been as happy with my sound as I am now, with the QC. There's nothing scientific or quantifiable to this, I know. At this point, it's just the path of least resistance for me - which is important if I ever hope to get back to actually playing the guitar. :D

But don't a majority of digital devices sound great? I will say I recall really liking the bass response from the QC. It's CHUNKY. Sometimes I feel like it has a "woof" to it that can be unpleasant. Have you ever experienced this

That was one of my big problems with it. There's an EQ over all of the amps that seems geared towards CHUNK/CHUG/THUD, which is cool for some amps/sounds, but not so cool for others. Lots of bass, lots of low-mid emphasis. Also a lot of amps have way more gain than they should, and the gain comes on really quickly in the dial. There's no gradual slope.

I had to work hard to get things like chimey/jangly edge of breakup tones.

I remember I had one preset I worked to get the kind of Vox tone* I wanted and it ended up having multiple EQ blocks and compressors. I got something I liked, but it was way more time and work to get there than I spend with other devices.

*That was an AC15. the AC30 model is pure garbage to my ears

Back