Well it's TGF or bust now LOL

That's the thread yes BUT the post was about the time I posted a pic of my wife and a few a$$holes decided to say nasty stuff about her. I mentioned that instead of running to the mods I deleted the thread. Apparently that butt hurt someone enough to cry to Scott about it.

Wut? Delete your own thread that runs off the rails, and not because of you, and still get banned. Only at TGP Fuck OFF!.

instead of running to the mods I deleted the thread. Apparently that butt hurt someone enough to cry to Scott about it.

Ah yes, I'm totally familiar with that.
I once created an IR thread and shared good information, I was gang shat on and decided to deleted the now feces ridden thread.
When I re-posted my thread anew I was immediately reported, my new thread was deleted and I was given a 7 day "Spamming" ban.

Vile bunch.

Just to stop dancing around it I took a snip of it before I hit post reply.

fwefwedfw.JPG

i just got a weeks vacation for telling a guy "if you ask childish questions, you get childish answers"

wtf... ive only been a supporting member for like 15 years. they couldnt care less.

also i doubledog dare anyone to give me a working link to the rules page. bc it hasnt been up for at least a year, near as i can figure

The most annoying thing about TGP isn't the moderation - all the moderators to a man are a bunch of cvnts - and it isn't even the blues lawyer idiot wanker clientele.

It's that every single regular on the site thinks they are some hot shit because they play a pizza parlour every other weekend, and they truly think TGP is representative of the real world.

"Forum manners" at TGP are "defined" at will and twisted around just as the mods see fit.

One of the things that likely added to the reasons for me receiving a lifelong ban:
In the "Playing and Technique" part of the forum, one of the regular posters (always posting tips on how to practise advanced jazz improvisation and what not...) finally posted some of his playing. It was downright horrible in all possible aspects. He wanted some criticism and I was then like "would you prefer me to post my critique here or via PM?" and he said he'd prefer a PM - possibly being aware that I'm always honest, prefering the blunt truth instead of fooling around with some niceties. Which is also what I told him as the first thing in the following PMs.
"See, you know I'm always honest, and there's some things I might say which you possibly won't enjoy, do you really want me to do it?"
To which he answered "yes, fire away, I can take criticism just fine!".

So, I was then telling him that his overall performance was pretty bad, that he had no time, no sense for melodic development and generally rudimentary chops, if at all. Note: I would've been *way* more polite if he was a beginner or aspiring newcomer, whatever. But - see above - he was constantly preaching about some sophisticated level jazz studies and what not.
I was also asking him whether he possibly wanted some advice on how to improve things (note: I studied this stuff and have a rather long history of teaching on a pretty decent level). And seriously, I wasn't rude in all that conversation at all, just honest.
But he was already completely out. Asking me whether my parents didn't teach me any manners and what not. And finally, he copied parts of our PM into the forum, accusing me of being such a bad, bad person, I would only be there to belittle poor little fellas like him and what not.
Too bad I don't have access to my PM box anymore (and will never ever have again), I'd happily show you the entire conversation.

And that's just one of several of these kinds of events. @Orvillain seems to be 100% right with "every single regular on the site thinks they are some hot s**t because they play a pizza parlour every other weekend" - and once you realize it might not exactly be like that, start some pathetic whining.

"Forum manners" at TGP are "defined" at will and twisted around just as the mods see fit.
A lot of forums are like that. They write nebulous rules that they can morph into whatever they want, given the context. I used to have a friend who runs a small UK based guitar forum. Complete delusions of grandeur. He once told me it was the most significant thing he'd ever done in the world of music. Laughable.

A lot of forums are like that. They write nebulous rules that they can morph into whatever they want, given the context. I used to have a friend who runs a small UK based guitar forum. Complete delusions of grandeur. He once told me it was the most significant thing he'd ever done in the world of music. Laughable.
Always moving the goal posts is a true sign of a poorly run Dictator style company. My wife worked for a company that constantly did this and the owner was (surprise) someone who inherited the company and utilized it to further her need to control people and make them obey her every whim. When rules didn't allow her to win she changed the rule(s). Currently this company has filed for Bankruptcy. this woman took her Fathers company that he ran for over 50 years and destroyed it in less than 5. All because she had no concept of true teamwork or human rights.

One quick story here. She had hired a consultant to come in and help her with running the company.
The story goes that he challenged her several times on different things. She walked him out of the building while berating him loudly in front of everyone. Something to the tune of "NO ONE TELLS ME HOW TO RUN MY F***ING COMPANY"! This is what she hired him for. LOL

Always moving the goal posts is a true sign of a poorly run Dictator style company. My wife worked for a company that constantly did this and the owner was (surprise) someone who inherited the company and utilized it to further her need to control people and make them obey her every whim. When rules didn't allow her to win she changed the rule(s). Currently this company has filed for Bankruptcy. this woman took her Fathers company that he ran for over 50 years and destroyed it in less than 5. All because she had no concept of true teamwork or human rights.

One quick story here. She had hired a consultant to come in and help her with running the company.
The story goes that he challenged her several times on different things. She walked him out of the building while berating him loudly in front of everyone. Something to the tune of "NO ONE TELLS ME HOW TO RUN MY F***ING COMPANY"! This is what she hired him for. LOL
Was it Catalinbread by any chance? :rofl

I've never really had a problem with the other site, but then again I pretty much just stick to the Digital Modeling subforum, which seems to get a lot less of the weekend warriors with overinflated egos and zero self-awareness compared to the rest of the site.

I'm not sure how I haven't even received a warning. I went in pretty hard directly at someone that I felt was chit posting in one of the threads, my ending comment was, "At best you're a narcissist, and then I posted a Davey504 Meme Pic with "Checkmate". There was more commentary by me armchair psycho analyzing their intentions as well, so yeah it was definitely in the zone of getting the IRE from the Mods - yet nada.

By their standards I should've at least received a warning, if not outright ban.

No idea how James got banned, that one still baffles me today. I'm going to provide some useful information, oh this is getting a little messy, let me do my own housekeeping, and then I'll start a clean thread about it - NO! Goodbye! WTF???!!

Back