Warm fuzzies.

I think the gated and synth like is cool for lead lines. But I want something for rhythm/chord work.

The Z Vex Fuzz Factory is SO MUCH FUN for that stuff! I love that pedal. You can control how gated and synth like you want it to be, and adding the oscillation on top can lead to some really cool ideas. It can also do cool normal fuzz tones if you want. I once used one with a pair of Pro Jr's for some classic rock gigs and it was awesome.

For big chords and rhythm work one of my favorites was the Wren & Cuff Box of War. That thing was unreal, by far my favorite Muff I've ever tried, and I'm pretty sure I've tried them all.

If you're so inclined, making your own fuzz pedals is kinda fun. I used to buy PCBs from GGG and then source parts from Small Bear. It was a lot of fun, and it was a good way to experience a lot of fuzz first hand for cheap.

No I mean seasons I like. There is something good in each. Despite what the internet tells you. Vince Vaughn is not one of those things, though.
Oh haha, I agree.. I loved that first season and all the subtle flirts with the HP Lovecraft horror thing. Tried watching season 2 but it felt so polite compared to the first so I didn’t watch anymore.

Oh haha, I agree.. I loved that first season and all the subtle flirts with the HP Lovecraft horror thing. Tried watching season 2 but it felt so polite compared to the first so I didn’t watch anymore.
Mahershala Ali is fantastic in S3. And even Stephen Dorff is not too bad. S2 was panned pretty hard but I don't quite recall if it was actually as bad as they said or if the bar was so high from S1.

Is the Carcosa particular about placement/impedance/etc.?

THIS is huge for my situation.
On the one hand, you can put it whatever and it works. On the other, it does sound a bit different depending on whether it's before/after a buffer of any type, like most transistor fuzzes. Nothing that can't be eq'ed around. For folks that like to go clean to scream via volume knob and a fuzz, first in chain will always be required

On the one hand, you can put it whatever and it works. On the other, it does sound a bit different depending on whether it's before/after a buffer of any type, like most transistor fuzzes. Nothing that can't be eq'ed around. For folks that like to go clean to scream via volume knob and a fuzz, first in chain will always be required
I can't remember if it made any big difference inside the stomp or into (before input) of the stomp. As I recall the difference was subtle.

hmm. Maybe should hook it up to my stomp again.... was a while since I used it

Zero need for it. But what fuzz pedal would be a good start for a noob.

Ones I have owned and liked in the past:

Danelectro fuzz. The Orange colored pedal that came out with the Timmy and OCD clone they put out. I want to say it was the Peach Fuzz (....?) clone? I thought it was awesome but zero need for it at the time. Like now only I am kind of OK with a pile of pedals sitting on a shelf till I decide to pull one down and fire it up.

Big Muff w/Tone Wicker. I actually dug this one a LOT.

I am open to whatever. Must play nice on top of other pedals or amp dirt :satan
Step 1. Use your favorite distortion or OD
Step 2. Switch to neck pup.

Voila.

That's like $4K US right there in your recommendations. And looooooooong waits.

Show off!!! :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:

That's a fair point, the Macari's stuff especially. When I bought my D*A*M stuff I was on the Forum and they weren't pricey, that's a secondary market thing cuz limited numbers. The Macaris Stuff is wild pricey though.

What's his more available sub-brand? Emanating Fist?

I'll revise the dragnfly to any Tonebender based hybrid fuzz because they tend to be wah friendly.

But really, nobody does pure tonebender repros like Dave Main.

No I chose Tony's early 90's live tone for this project and I don't need one. I have a a Naga Viper and all it does is collect dust. I use a TS808 pedal block.

I also had the Crappra Cadabra pedal which sucked bad and the Black Country Customs TI OD. That one was ok but still didnt do it for me.

That's a fair point, the Macari's stuff especially. When I bought my D*A*M stuff I was on the Forum and they weren't pricey, that's a secondary market thing cuz limited numbers. The Macaris Stuff is wild pricey though.

What's his more available sub-brand? Emanating Fist?

I'll revise the dragnfly to any Tonebender based hybrid fuzz because they tend to be wah friendly.

But really, nobody does pure tonebender repros like Dave Main.
Macari's and DM are a great pairing. I have a pretty cool MkIII Colorsound Tonebender that sat in Macari's shop on display for like 40 years - had a bunch of famous signatures on it. David removed the guts so they could keep the signed enclusure on display, added a 9V plug power option, and put it in a new enclosure. By far my most expensive fuzzy, but also probably my favorite.

Macari's and DM are a great pairing. I have a pretty cool MkIII Colorsound Tonebender that sat in Macari's shop on display for like 40 years - had a bunch of famous signatures on it. David removed the guts so they could keep the signed enclusure on display, added a 9V plug power option, and put it in a new enclosure. By far my most expensive fuzzy, but also probably my favorite.
The mkiii is different again from the supa and jumbo isn't it?

I've got a 77 colorsoud Fuzzwah, which has a full supa or jumbo TB circuit in it as opposed to the regular simple/one knob Fuzz.

I've only ever seen one other like it on the D*A*M forum, also dated 77.

You can see the gain, volume and tone trimmers, great sounding fuzz.. also a great sounding wah.
20180909_071720 (1).jpg

IMG_20221004_223442_(2224_x_3000_pixel).jpg

Back