Warm fuzzies.

Playing the pedalboard layout game at work…

Daaayum the Carcosa would look good on my board… I might slap that sucker back onboard this weekend… thing is I don’t use fuzz that often but it’s probably better to use it than to admire it on a studio desk… undecided still about what I want to complement the stomp… as always :bag
7CE3D20F-68D2-4F91-A597-71328362FA37.jpeg

I’ve never used mine with an 800, but there is no doubt when you click it on “That’s it!”. (Minus the 147 overdubs they did to build the wall of fuzz on the album) The op-amp big muff has to be run over a clean channel imo, it does not play nice with an already distorted tone. Any pristine clean with a big power section will do.

It’s cool they changed the color scheme to black and orange, I bet they’ve made a small fortune on the pedal since that album. lol

Straight into clean channel of dsl 100

• Love
Reactions: JT

Straight into clean channel of dsl 100

Sounds great! I am about 2 shakes from grabbing a Carcosa. The local shop has the fuzz fae AND (I forgot) I believe they have a couple of these newer, smaller form factor muffs in stock. I might accidentally stop by and grab something over the weekend :rollsafe :bag

Sounds great! I am about 2 shakes from grabbing a Carcosa. The local shop has the fuzz fae AND (I forgot) I believe they have a couple of these newer, smaller form factor muffs in stock. I might accidentally stop by and grab something over the weekend :rollsafe :bag

Those cheap EH Muff Reissues are worth checking out. I see they have a J Masics Reissue now, too.

I was leaning HEAVILY towards a Tone Wicker Muff but Amazon didn't have one from a vendor I wanted to buy from. Looking forward to the nasties :love

Carcosa incoming :satan
Niceee!

I love mine, and im not a fuzz person. But i do appreciate that it can be used as a light drive, a “normal” fuzz… and then there’s the unleash the madness thing… which is why I keep it.. the post-rock maniac inside me just got to slam a reverb right into a unleashed Carcosa that’s about to explode. It’s a horrible horrible and utterly terrible and disgusting sound from a guitar tone pow… but it’s… Beautiful madness.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: JT
The Carcosa looks sick! I’ve been loving my Hizumitas (modded triangle) and SUF Astoria (specific rams head clone) but may need to expand my fuzz palette. I keep eyeing the Old Blood Noise Endeavors Alpha Haunt as it’s completely different from anything I have now.

The Carcosa is legit AF! Can't wait to try it in front of the Badlander :guiness
The king in yellow is watching you.

Look for the black stars that hang in the heavens. The twin suns setting in the black waters of Hali. Carcosa is merely a faint memory of something that was. Wade into Dehme, don’t hold your breath.

Welp, I might be a fuzz guy.

I was playing with my usual Plexi sound in the AxeFx last night and threw a Fuzz Face in front out of curiosity. I'd never tried any of the fuzzes in the Fractal before, nor have I ever owned a fuzz pedal in real life. I think I love it??? :wat

Maybe it was just the cheetos I had earlier that evening but it was like the heavens parted and EJ was in the room with me. :rofl
Huge fat sustain with harmonic overtones all over the place but not flubby or harsh. Fuzz on 3-ish, Level on 6 and it was the closest I've ever gotten to that sound of a loud amp with every note blooming and on the verge of feedback, but the fuzz wasn't over the top and woolly (which I'm not really a fan of). Of course the volume knob interaction did all of the cool stuff you read about as well.

I'm sure Cliff used a holy-grail Arbiter Fuzz Face for this model, but are the modern versions (Dunlop Germanium FF mini) any good for copping that sound? I'd love to have this for my real analog rig now. :p

Back