Warm fuzzies.

I prefer the cheerios!

cheerio.png
cheerio.png
cheerio.png

Last edited:
Was going to try the Carcosa at Saturday's gig but this Thorpy Heavy Water is keeping it's place on the board :clint

For serious though, the BOSS FZ-1w kills too. And you can stick it anywhere. (On your board. Anywhere on your board).

• Love
Reactions: JTI
There is only one good fuzz on earth, and luckily I own it. Lots of textures available by balancing the gain, colour and tone knobs in different ways. It's the only fuzz I've found that really pairs well with an ac30 without getting mushy or choked. And it's a solid metal lump.

It's not perfect, the gate knob is just a plain old noise gate - would be so much cooler if it gated the signal by fucking with the bias for splattery horror. And the Reso knob does good self oscillation, but not if the pedal is behind a buffer.

UF-01_slant_0.jpg

Attachments

• zoom ultra fuzz.jpeg
    zoom ultra fuzz.jpeg
    4.2 KB · Views: 7
Hmmm. For the same price as one of the Dunlop minis I could get one of the Chase Tone Fuzz Fellas. These sound really good.
The darker blue one sounds similar to what I had going on in the AxeFx. Anyone tried one of these?

fella.jpg

Hmmm. For the same price as one of the Dunlop minis I could get one of the Chase Tone Fuzz Fellas. These sound really good.
The darker blue one sounds similar to what I had going on in the AxeFx. Anyone tried one of these?

View attachment 9202
I'd personally stick with the iconic but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try new things! I would chase a fuzz pedal in a digital device. They just don't sound as good to me 😬

BUT if that's the sound you are after, go for it!

Yeah, it's hard to say what I'd like in real life because the 'faults' of Germanium are fixed in the AxeFX.
Switching the Fuzz Face from Germanium to Silicon does change the sound a bit, but I like the Germanium slightly more still. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Si= more bite and a sharper attack. Can also starve/gate and make them super spitty.

Ge= less bite and a rounder/squishier attack. Don't starve as well, in my experience, but still can.

Si = also brighter in comparison.

If you are not playing on stages in the warm sunshine Ge's lack of stability and temperature
sensitivity is not much of an issue. I also like how Ge is more unpredictable and can give you
something a little different because it is so "sensitive." :idk

Back