Wanna see about 30 gallons of broken glass?

DrewJD82

Staff member
IMG_4837.jpeg

I’m on my 13th workday in a row, I started my day at 4:30AM anticipating a moving company to show up at 7AM to move some building supplies from our storage space to the campus I manage. They showed up at 3PM. 6:30PM, the very last thing the guys are moving out of the truck; Four, 8’ window panes all at once. I filled a 50 gallon trash can 3/4’s the way up with broken glass. I can’t even move the fucking thing.

I didn’t take pics of the whole lobby, but just an FYI, glass slides across marble REALLY fucking easy. :rofl Everywhere, the whole damn floor just covered in glass. I just got home. My back is jacked up, I haven’t eaten yet today, I’m on call again this weekend…..BUT! Next Friday I can shut off my work phone for 9 days straight and all this crazy shit is worth it.

Dammmmmn dude! That doesn't look like any fun. Ugh! Get through this weekend and get to your vacation days!

Dammmmmn dude! That doesn't look like any fun. Ugh! Get through this weekend and get to your vacation days!

I’m so used to being in “Is everyone ok?” mode that I didn’t even think about the mess for a few minutes. I felt bad for the movers, they clearly did not know they’d be moving glass (despite us making it VERY clear, with what kind of glass and the dimensions) and you could tell they felt terrible but shit happens.

Hahahaha I’ve already moved that glass 3x since I’ve taken over, while it sucked tonight, there’s 4 panes I’ll never have to move again!!!!!!!

Man do I love the sound of breaking glass (me, Huey Lewis and others)! Wish I could have been there to hear it!! Sorry to hear about your back, hope you are OK!!! Congrats on the upcoming vacay ;~))

Man do I love the sound of breaking glass (me, Huey Lewis and others)! Wish I could have been there to hear it!! Sorry to hear about your back, hope you are OK!!! Congrats on the upcoming vacay ;~))

Hahahahah this didn’t break like the fun glass breaking sound, I heard ”AH!” then a very dulled whack followed by the sound of plastic rain as it all hit the ground and spread. There was a split second I thought “Cool!” then I got the “LIABILITY! LIABILITY! LIABILITY!” alert going off in my head. :ROFLMAO:

Were you like this?

Excited Freak Out GIF

:grin:grin

Oh no, I’ve been this for about a week now-
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

It was an expensive break but I was more worried about the guys who could have cut themselves. No material is worth someone’s safety.

Started this morning off with one of my guys telling the AC installers the wrong unit to replace and I didn’t catch it until they pumped the unit down and cut the lines. :rofl As I’m walking back to my office someone from another suite tells me there’s a major leak, I walk in and found someone set a thermostat to 64, freezing the AC over and dumping about 10 gallons of water on their conference room equipment and as I start cleaning that up I hear the faint sound of an active fire alarm in another building……and my phone immediately blows up with people…..get this……really, get this…..ASKING ME IF THEY SHOULD LEAVE THE BUILDING OR NOT!!!

This happens EVERY TIME THERE IS A FIRE ALARM!!!

In case ANY of you are unsure of what to do when there’s a fire alarm YOU GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE BUILDING BECAUSE IT’S A FIRE ALARM AND YOU CAN DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH. It doesn’t matter how many times in one day the alarm has gone off, YOU NEVER KNOW. Don’t call anyone, just leave the building.

I can barely move because it feels like someone is ripping my rib cage two different directions from screwing up my back yesterday, I have zero brain power and the filter I normally use to not curse and make inappropriate jokes needs a serious recharge.

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

It was an expensive break but I was more worried about the guys who could have cut themselves. No material is worth someone’s safety.

Started this morning off with one of my guys telling the AC installers the wrong unit to replace and I didn’t catch it until they pumped the unit down and cut the lines. :rofl As I’m walking back to my office someone from another suite tells me there’s a major leak, I walk in and found someone set a thermostat to 64, freezing the AC over and dumping about 10 gallons of water on their conference room equipment and as I start cleaning that up I hear the faint sound of an active fire alarm in another building……and my phone immediately blows up with people…..get this……really, get this…..ASKING ME IF THEY SHOULD LEAVE THE BUILDING OR NOT!!!

In case ANY of you are unsure of what to do when there’s a fire alarm YOU GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE BUILDING BECAUSE IT’S A FIRE ALARM AND YOU CAN DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH. It doesn’t matter how many times in one day the alarm has gone off, YOU NEVER KNOW. Don’t call anyone, just leave the building.

I can barely move because it feels like someone is ripping my rib cage two different directions from screwing up my back yesterday, I have zero brain power and the filter I normally use to not curse and make inappropriate jokes needs a serious recharge.
Sounds like too much fun for me! At least you got some time off soon. Enjoy it!

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I suggest you leave before they kill you, Drew. :hugitout

I suggest you leave before they kill you, Drew. :hugitout

12 minutes. My boss is in yoga right now, once she’s out I’m GONE! I’m a liability at this point. In a near-Grandma’s Boy scenario, we have a suite that is just a personal yoga studio for us, where the owner pays an instructor to come 3x a week for an hour and a half, whether he’s here or not, for anyone to take advantage of. I just never can because I actually have to work. :rofl

Oh man! You should. Tell your Boss to include it as part of your work hours so you can survive and
be there long-term! :beer

At 55 I do 15 minutes of Yoga EVERY morning without fail. I have to. A fucking back seizing up from
stress and duress (or lack of flexibility) is a rotten thing to live with.

Back