Video Games

Finished Animal Well last week. Not the longest game but not super short either, I think I had at least a dozen hours into it. Will be interested to see what kind of easter eggs and things come out. I didn't 100% either so there's more to do.

I picked up Rune Factory 4 on 50% sale today and started that...everyone I could find who liked Stardew liked that game as well. It's a bit slow to start but we'll see how it picks up.

Played through the demo for Enotria - it's like a janky version of Lies of P but I actually had fun with it; I'm sure I'll end up playing the full game.
Does it get any... um... better? I started it, and I kept finding myself in rooms with non-doors that magically opened after I button mashed n waves of enemies to death, and I just thought, "I don't have time for this."

The "confusing as hell because product differentiation" menu screens are also pretty off-putting, and no help that the graphics are kind of crap.

Finished Animal Well last week. Not the longest game but not super short either, I think I had at least a dozen hours into it. Will be interested to see what kind of easter eggs and things come out. I didn't 100% either so there's more to do.
I assume you enjoyed it since you finished it, but in retrospect, what are your thoughts? Good game? Great game? Mediocre time sink? It's kind of a critical darling, but I tired of it pretty quickly.

I'm not a fan of FPSs. Mostly because I suck at playing them. I did like Red Dead Redemption and the Zombie offshoot. I made it through Max Payne, that infernal baby needs to shut up!!

My favorite games are puzzle solving. Portal and Portal 2 were brilliant. I’ve been through all the Myst games, I prefer stuff like that but I haven’t played games in many, many years.

I assume you enjoyed it since you finished it, but in retrospect, what are your thoughts? Good game? Great game? Mediocre time sink? It's kind of a critical darling, but I tired of it pretty quickly.

It’s very good but I don’t know that I would call it brilliant. Not sure about replay value. The puzzles were cool and there’s different ways to solve them in some cases. I think if they included some achievements or challenges that would help like prepping for a speedrun or layering in some more difficult challenges.

PSA: You can get 3 months of free Xbox Game Pass PC from Nvidia App beta, or GeForce Experience. In the Redeem section you get a link, which will give you a code you can redeem on Microsoft's website.

You might need to use a new account if you have tried Xbox Game Pass before. I had to create a new one, then add that to the Windows Xbox App, and finally I had to open the Microsoft Store app, sign out my previous account and sign in the new account for the subscription to show up in the Xbox app. Microsoft's account management is such a shitshow.

You can cancel the subscription immediately too so you don't forget.

Downloading Like A Dragon Gaiden and Another Crab's Treasure as I type this.

Was checking what games are free on PS5 this month and spotted Streets of Rage 4.

I haven't played a game like this in years so was surprised that I jumped straight back in like I never stopped playing. Even found myself using the d-pad instead of the joystick because that's where my myself memory lies from the Sega Megadrive/Genesis days.

What a great update to the old classic for the modern era. Seven (if you buy the DLC, which I did for €3) unique characters. An improved roster of enemy types. Endless and boss rush modes. And online co-op.

Was checking what games are free on PS5 this month and spotted Streets of Rage 4.

I haven't played a game like this in years so was surprised that I jumped straight back in like I never stopped playing. Even found myself using the d-pad instead of the joystick because that's where my myself memory lies from the Sega Megadrive/Genesis days.

What a great update to the old classic for the modern era. Seven (if you buy the DLC, which I did for €3) unique characters. An improved roster of enemy types. Endless and boss rush modes. And online co-op.

Been meaning to get this for a while; thanks for the report kimg

I need to update my last post. You can unlock another 14 characters in Streets of Rage 4 for a total of 21. Characters from all of the past games.

On top of that, you can customise the 7 from 4 by giving them alternate movesets by unlocking them from the endless mode.

That looks pretty cool. But early access, so I'm not touching that.
Know what you mean. I bought some Early Access in the past months that often was cool - but only for a few hours and then to never touch it again. Palworld and Manor Lords come to mind.

Since I've got 3 months of Xbox Game Pass PC to play with, I started Like A Dragon Gaiden. The game so far:

The backstory is that Kiryu has faked his death and nobody is supposed to know who he is. Except everyone he encounters seems to recognize him immediately.

Yakuza dude: "You're Kiryu Kazuma, the Dragon of Dojima, the legendary yakuza!"
Kiryu: "No I'm not. See, I've got eyeglasses, white shirt, dark suit and my name is Joryu. Totally different guy."
Yakuza dude: "Well fuck you, how about we beat the truth out of you?!"
Kiryu:
Angry Like A Dragon GIF by SEGA

Kiryu proceeds to beat Yakuza dude's minions, a second wave of minions and Yakuza dude without breaking a sweat.

Back