Update: Headed for a CAT scan....

Finished the 2nd round of steroids and almost immediately felt the stuffiness coming back. My wife was away house-sitting for a week and when she left I was hearing her talking really good. She came home yesterday and it confirmed that things have gone south again. It's so weird - imagine the feeling of a really stuffed up nose and that's exactly what it feels like deep inside both ears.

Time for some 3D head shots. :LOL:

Time for some 3D head shots. :LOL:
The CAT scan:

Season 9 One Chicago GIF by NBC

Siamese Cat GIF

The headshots:

1704363083561.png

I don't know if I should wish you that they find something, or that they find nothing. In any case I just wish you swift recovery!

Much love dude, we are fragile mortals at somepoint.
Keep in the firefight & Godspeed to the healing for you & your wife🙏
You’re an inspiration, I’m workin’ through my own difficulties at the moment.
I will not be a turd and say I’m grateful I’m not as bad off as you, we all have unique thresholds
to pain & suffering, we all get our turn at the wheel at somepoint, those life changing intersections,
unfortunately the strength is in the perserverance and that can seem incomprehensible but wtf else
can you do to get better?
Let’s LIVE🤘🏻

Thi
You’re an inspiration, I’m workin’ through my own difficulties at the moment.
I will not be a turd and say I’m grateful I’m not as bad off as you, we all have unique thresholds
to pain & suffering, we all get our turn at the wheel at somepoint, those life changing intersections,
unfortunately the strength is in the perserverance and that can seem incomprehensible but wtf else
can you do to get better?
Let’s LIVE🤘🏻
Btw, this song actually cheers me up,
I’m passion’ the torch to ya homie’.
The lyrics are so corny and the riff..,
sped up Sad But True?..,crank it loud,
-opens the dopamine chambers💯

So while not on the level I have kinda same thing - fluid can't go away. Doctor said something about aeration, like drum can't move freely. Audigram changes each week. what I don't like the most is that ears hear differently. Scares shit out me. Started after covid, lol. I'm afraid of getting old and loosing high end, will I still enjoy music? I tried low pass eq to simulate aging ears and it sucks :cry:

Sorry to hear you're going through all this, @Achilles. That would be super rough. :( Hope you start to feel a lot better and your ears/hearing situation improves.

Welp, our Bassist and the other Guitarist are both having ear issues lingering post-COVID. :(

Bassist phoned it in yesterday for practice, and Guitarist wasn't feeling like loud music, so
3 of us showed but not much music was made. :brick

There's definitely more going on here than we seem to know, or are made aware of. Not
knowing, and then not being able to find answers or remedies, is, well pretty janky.

Hope you get it all sorted, Achilles.

Dang, sucks you're going through this still. :(
Let us know how the tests go.

Come to think of it, this kind of reminds me of what my brother went through last year? He ended up having benign cysts in his sinus cavity that were causing issues with his hearing. Apparently the cysts aren't uncommon but his were bigger than normal.

Still crossing my fingers for both you @Achilles and @chicken - at least I will take it as a positive that your doctors are able to identify fluid as a cause of hearing issues, so there should be a way to resolve at some point. Take care of yourselves and while not all the updates are steps forward it’s good to vent and share and get some support!

There's definitely more going on here than we seem to know, or are made aware of. Not
knowing, and then not being able to find answers or remedies, is, well pretty janky.

Covid 19 is brand new so there's really not much in the books to go by. How long was chicken pox around in history before it got linked to folks 30-40 years later getting the shingles?

Who knows what the first batch of Covid sufferers have in store a couple decades down the road?

Mother nature is the craziest shit, bar none.

Another round of acute sinusitis and another two weeks of antibiotics and steroids.
Looks like a little rhinoplasty is up next to fix a badly deviated septum.
Damn, I feel for you. :cry:
Hope you can get ahead of this sooner than later... it's gotta suck.

Damn, I feel for you. :cry:
Hope you can get ahead of this sooner than later... it's gotta suck.

TBH I'm relieved it's only the sinuses again. You get put into one of those CT tube machines for your skull and all kinds of nasty thoughts start creeping up on you.

TBH I'm relieved it's only the sinuses again. You get put into one of those CT tube machines for your skull and all kinds of nasty thoughts start creeping up on you.
I haven't been in one those before, but I can imagine it's a weird experience.

Sorry to hear about all your medicals Achilles, at least it is not your heel! I have had the worst 2 years ever in my life medically in '22 and '23 and am soooooooooooooo sick of anti-biotics that the words just make me want to vomit, so I definitely feel your pain!! Hope you can keep the chin up and come out smelling like roses ;~))

I can only imagine! Glad to hear it is just your sinuses.

Back