Universal Audio UAFX Anti 1992 High Gain Pedal

CakeEater

Roadie
UAFXAnti_01.jpg

UAFX ANTI 1992: Get Eddie’s 5150 sound on your pedal board

Last edited:
Cool! And so relieving that the first review I see is Marks… as he said himself: The YouTube is going explode in metal riffing madness with this pedal. I’d rather watch Mark as I’m mostly a ambient post-rock dude myself.

It’s not a Plexi!!!

Bonus points for having clearly labeled secondary controls with a dedicated switch to tweak them rather than some press and hold to tweak setup.

They needed a high gain offering. Good for them.

Hold the phone. On Fluffs demo he mentioned something about the pedal preset (favorite) only being able to switch between two settings of the currently selected channel, not different channels? Of course Fluff wasn’t entirely clear.

In other news, UA keeps shooting themselves on the foot with the feature set.
Why? I have not followed UA at all so I am curious. For your statement, not for the pedal. Pedal's not interesting tbh.

I watched a part of that Andertons "review"/ad this noon. First thing: THANK SPAGHETTI MONSTER they took someone who can chug. Another Lee Anderton and Pete Honoré blueswankfest when the pedal/thing is clearly labeled for harder styles: Horrible. Second: Lee said (no direct quote), that UA makes these separate bc they want to FULLY COMMIT to having special knobs/pots for the specific amps. Sure. And Nintendo sold 2 Pokemon versions when I was a kid bc they could not figure out how to make a Game Boy game red AND blue.

Isn't UA the company, where that one ex Marshall amp designer (the other one besides Santiago Alvarez) went?

I'm no hi gain guru ...... but listening to these through some good studio headphones .... all the demos sound really "hmmmm" ..... very "bee's in a bottle" mids and top end (?)

Is that how this amp actually sounds ?

Ben

If they haven’t modelled the master volume knob, that’s an unbelievable howler.

I'm no hi gain guru ...... but listening to these through some good studio headphones .... all the demos sound really "hmmmm" ..... very "bee's in a bottle" mids and top end (?)

Is that how this amp actually sounds ?

Ben
Irl alone by itself it sounds horrible imo. But in a loud rehearsal room with full band and a decent cab its…. It’s out this world awesome. If the person using it knows how to control the amp. The Master… is where it’s at.

Irl alone by itself it sounds horrible imo. But in a loud rehearsal room with full band and a decent cab its…. It’s out this world awesome. If the person using it knows how to control the amp. The Master… is where it’s at.
IMO the amp sounds best below 4. Above that it’s overly mushy and bloated and not good. Below 4 you can tweak the character of the mids - between 1 and 2 it’s a bit more scooped and tight, between 2 and 3 you can get a bit of thickness while still preserving the big lows and crisp highs.

People want UA to bring out an all in one modeller and people are also wanting Fractal to break out amps like UA, wild.

Watched one or two demos on this, I should love the concept but it’s coming across as pretty mid tier to my ears. I think so far the Lion is the only one out of this line I’d like to get my hands on one day. Who knows maybe actually playing one is a lot better than what I’ve seen but kind of an eh proposition at their price point on these.

If they haven’t modelled the master volume knob, that’s an unbelievable howler.
Manual mentions post gain in the iphone app, along with bias and some modded crunch channel modes. Looks like the OD pedal doesn’t have a dedicated off switch, you can only turn the drive to 0 to “bypass” it. Which is a bit weird as a lot of people use tubescreamers with drive at 0 anyway.

Kind of curious how their modelling holds up against TC and other emulations for JUST the amp section.

Any demos that aren’t just someone chugging power chords? You’d think that these companies would want someone that can actually play to demo their products. Where are all the Pete Thorns?

IDK if I can see UA doing a full on modeller, they’re pretty stubborn as a company and their approach is usually keeping things dumb and ANALOG to use. Think they’d rather just make people cough up for lots of little pedals than compete with established products

Back