Universal Audio OX Stomp

1.5 minutes playing Synergy bassman module through the 6 onboard factory presets is promising. The plate 'verb is :chef Don't know that I'd wanna combine it with another digital device, but for a general purpose "everything I need after a preamp" thingy, it seems really great. Putting a Stomp in that position just turns into a "Lemme try a bunch of stuff I don't need and never use after the preamp because it's there" kind of a thing. And I like this 'verb way better, even with no tweaking.

@ejecta - how is the app working for you? Super spotty for me on an iPhone XR. Sometimes the slider recognize my attempt to move it, other times not so much. Overall on the one hand I like how it doesn’t show values for the hi/low cut frequency, etc., because it just allows you to edit with your ears instead of your eyes, but wish I had some finer control (especially on compressor and verb settings) - probably works better on an iPad than a phone?

Finally, I think it’s a winner for me. Was able to pretty quickly use the bassman module to get everything from an early Marshall 1/2 stack type sound with the greenback 4x12, to traditional bassman sounds with 4x10, modern smoother sounds with the g65 cab etc. balancing the room sound against the plate verb is super easy and versatile. Plate can go from fairly subtle always on to a pretty blooming church tone thing with a bit of Predelay and longer decay.

@ejecta - how is the app working for you? Super spotty for me on an iPhone XR. Sometimes the slider recognize my attempt to move it, other times not so much. Overall on the one hand I like how it doesn’t show values for the hi/low cut frequency, etc., because it just allows you to edit with your ears instead of your eyes, but wish I had some finer control (especially on compressor and verb settings) - probably works better on an iPad than a phone?

Finally, I think it’s a winner for me. Was able to pretty quickly use the bassman module to get everything from an early Marshall 1/2 stack type sound with the greenback 4x12, to traditional bassman sounds with 4x10, modern smoother sounds with the g65 cab etc. balancing the room sound against the plate verb is super easy and versatile. Plate can go from fairly subtle always on to a pretty blooming church tone thing with a bit of Predelay and longer decay.
Honestly I don’t use the app. I registered it to get the other cabs and that’s it. It’s so easy to use in the pedal I don’t bother with the app but I will to see if I have the same issues

Back