Uberschall Ultra

Is that a fact?
the facts of life 80s GIF by absurdnoise

Haha, I'm not completely sold. It could be the playing or setup but the pick attack is giving me pause. Definitely interesting though.

It’s so tight (that’s what she said) and has an upper freq thing going on (not quite fizz) that makes me think one will either instantly love or hate the amp within 20 seconds of hitting the first note.

Could be glorious. Could be obnoxious.

dirty harry GIF

Give me a break, seriously. This amp will be awesome. Honestly Bogner needs something like this IMO.

Just thought of something…. Who exactly do you give this to that can do a proper online demo of it. Someone like a Zach Wish, except he doesn’t play chugga, chug, chug. Who could demo it that isn’t a total tool? Maybe Ola?

Just thought of something…. Who exactly do you give this to that can do a proper online demo of it. Someone like a Zach Wish, except he doesn’t play chugga, chug, chug. Who could demo it that isn’t a total tool? Maybe Ola?
Well there’s this fella named Doug Rappoport, and ….

Give me a break, seriously. This amp will be awesome. Honestly Bogner needs something like this IMO.

Oh this amp is definitely in my wheelhouse. I’ve spent countless hours with the Uberschall preamp. I hear what @Deadpan is talking about though re: pick attack. Could be that demo. Certainly not enough to not make me stop drooling.

I’d love to hear Zach Wish demo it.

Okay, listened to the clip; seriously guys? You're all oohing and ahhing over that? Sounds like a Revv G pedal or MXR 5150 OD into a tube amp. Nothing remotely special. Though to be fair to the Bogner, that's how this guy usually dials in tone, like a hot bag of ass.

I have typed out 2 similar replies as yours in the past couple of days and then didn't finish/follow through with
the "Post Reply." I didn't want to be the Bringer Of The Poo! :LOL:

Besides, how can you tell WTAF with these solo'd clips? I don't get this approach---especially on a new-ish amp.
Put that fucker in a mix and then maybe.... maybe ... we'll get a decent idea of how it will honestly perform.

Otherwise......

sam winchester yawn GIF

I have typed out 2 similar replies as yours in the past couple of days and then didn't finish/follow through with

Besides, how can you tell WTAF with these solo'd clips? I don't get this approach---especially on a new-ish amp.
Put that f****r in a mix and then maybe.... maybe ... we'll get a decent idea of how it will honestly perform.

Otherwise......

sam winchester yawn GIF

Hold on and I’ll share you some full band mixes of Friedman amps. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: JT
Rhett Shull

• Haha
Oh this amp is definitely in my wheelhouse. I’ve spent countless hours with the Uberschall preamp. I hear what @Deadpan is talking about though re: pick attack. Could be that demo. Certainly not enough to not make me stop drooling.

I’d love to hear Zach Wish demo it.
I love the Synergy Uberschall. No pick attack issues.

I have an Ecstacy 101b head also which I like but it can definitely have this same pick attack issue. I have to work to dial it out.

As you say, some people may love it. It is all over music for decades. I just have an issue when it is a character of the amp, of which I have many, as it is very difficult to dial out.

Some pickups can give this quality. IMO this is where it should be.

Put that f****r in a mix and then maybe.... maybe ... we'll get a decent idea of how it will honestly perform.

Otherwise......

sam winchester yawn GIF
I agree and that is precisely why I’d love hear Pete Thorn demo it…

YES - because I needed another expensive amp to covet... :rofl

• 100%
Back