Uberschall Ultra

I’ve got one coming in the el34 flavor. Been looking for something for heavier tones and even looks like it could be even more versatile than just heavy. Should be fun to explore.
Report back. The Uber will always be a top tier that my poor ass will covet from afar
Napoleon Dynamite Want GIF

First impressions is it does sound good for an amp with more gain capability. More versatile than one might think. Honestly some of the extra controls like metamorph and density aren’t really that useable to me on first blush. Especially the metamorph that doesn’t do a whole lot in some settings. I’ll take some more time with it but it has a hill climb due to price of admission.

A couple of days in and I’m getting it dialed in. You can definitely make the amp sound just meh or really good. The amp especially for leads is a blast to play. Just thick, thick leads that cut through well.

I’ll be spending more time and see how I feel over a few more days. The price tag is still the biggest hurdle.

A couple of days in and I’m getting it dialed in. You can definitely make the amp sound just meh or really good. The amp especially for leads is a blast to play. Just thick, thick leads that cut through well.

I’ll be spending more time and see how I feel over a few more days. The price tag is still the biggest hurdle.
Yes agreed, there's a wide range of tones available and unlike something like an old Marshall you can certainly make it sound shitty.

Really like this amp though, a worthy evolution in the Uber line.

Yes agreed, there's a wide range of tones available and unlike something like an old Marshall you can certainly make it sound shitty.

Really like this amp though, a worthy evolution in the Uber line.
Yeah I’ve got it dialed in now. It’s a whole different thing in a really cool way. I’ve got my Shiva Anni into my black back/ greenback 4x12 for classic to hard rock tones and the Uber into a Sound City cab goes from there. Channel one actually cleans up with my Suhr guitar’s volume and pickup selection really well even with gain up. Channel two is just thick as a malted milk shake lead tones. It’ll hang around for awhile. First few run throughs were rough but once I figured out the controls and switches I’ve got it sound really good.

Last edited:
I kicked around the idea of getting it when it dropped. The Synergy module is soooo good.

:guiness
I thought of getting into the Syn thing again. It’s good stuff too. It’s been a bit since I’ve had a high gain type amp. So far this one is doing it for me. Price tag is still ouch!

Well it’s a keeper… even at the price tag. It’s that good. I have a good friend who is a studio cat and hired gun player out of Nashville and he played it and said it was his favorite Bogner he’s played and his favorite high gainer so far. His opinion really doesn’t matter in the long run since it’s my amp but it was confirmation especially getting to listen passively that it’s a great sounding amp and very very versatile.

Last edited:
Well it’s a keeper… even at the price tag. It’s that good. I have a good friend who is a studio cat and hired gun player out of Nashville and he played it and said it was his favorite Bogner he’s played and his favorite high gainer so far. His opinion really doesn’t matter in the long run since it’s my amp but it was confirmation especially getting to listen passively that it’s a great sounding amp and very very versatile.
Very nice! I bet it's :chef:satan

Back