UA Now Doing LUNA DAW For Windows Users

Do they have a Mac DAW?
They launched it for Mac a few years ago and it must have tanked SO MUCH money. I had really high hopes of UA doing it right, but IMO it’s a total car crash. A few good ideas combined with a messy GUI where they started running before they could walk. If someone hadn’t used any other DAW before, maybe they could get used to its quirks. Aside from it being free, I think it’s a pretty poor choice - I’d recommend Logic/Pro Tools/Cubase/Studio One and even Reaper over it.

I think it’s definitely been a turning point for UA too, Apollos were really successful and the company has shifted massively since Luna to transition to an even wider audience. I think they see Luna as part of that, but I genuinely think they’d have been better off swerving the idea.

I have no idea why anyone would do this to themselves. True for both UA and potential users. What an epic flop.

I DL'd it and fiddled some. It's actually cool. Usability-wise, it's naturally similar to UA's "Console".

I suppose from my very limited exp. fiddling I would say that concept-wise, it's tailored more to be like using an actual in-studio console with outboard gear than a piece of software to slap tracks and plugins on.

Uses Neve or API Summing and you can pick your tape machine (I use Studer A800).

Full disclosure: I have an Apollo so it's gonna naturally have ... *cough* synergy (yes I had to use that word).

I DL'd it and fiddled some. It's actually cool. Usability-wise, it's naturally similar to UA's "Console".

I suppose from my very limited exp. fiddling I would say that concept-wise, it's tailored more to be like using an actual in-studio console with outboard gear than a piece of software to slap tracks and plugins on.

Uses Neve or API Summing and you can pick your tape machine (I use Studer A800).

Full disclosure: I have an Apollo so it's gonna naturally have ... *cough* synergy (yes I had to use that word).
Cool. I've been waiting for a while for this. Glad at least someone doesn't mind it. Lol
I'm sure like all other daws, user feature requests (and complaints) will bring it up to speed.

edit:
I will add, I like Mike and respect his delivery and opinion. I've been watching him for years regarding Studio One tutorials.
I think he gives an honest review here.

Last edited:
Back