The TGF Challenge Resource Mega-Thread

Hi there folks, this thread might be a good one to (re-)introduce myself (some may still remember me from that "other" place, didn't take all that great of an ending back then, to put it mildly, I'd happily recall some nasty details in the OT section...).

Whatever, as far as ripping stuff from YT goes, there's possibly nothing better than ClipGrab. No, it's not integrating into your browser, but I see that as a plus, as you can use it with all browsers. In addition, it's not using any of the 3rd party online conversion services but grabbing the files directly. Also allowing for both video and just audio grabbing (including MP3 conversion, but I'd rather go for m4a, which is sort of YT's native format, so it's just extracted from the video, not converted again). Available freely for macOS and Windows, give it a try!

And fwiw, for Android there's TubeMate, doing the same kinda thing (you need to allow installation from APKs outside of the Play Store):

And now let me have a look around here, quite some "faces" I still remember...

Last edited:
Hi there folks, this thread might be a good one to (re-)introduce myself (some may still remember me from that "other" place, didn't take all that great of an ending back then, to put it mildly, I'd happily recall some nasty details in the OT section...).

Whatever, as far as ripping stuff from YT goes, there's possibly nothing better than ClipGrab. No, it's not integrating into your browser, but I see that as a plus, as you can use it with all browsers. In addition, it's not using any of the 3rd party online conversion services but grabbing the files directly. Also allowing for both video and just audio grabbing (including MP3 conversion, but I'd rather go fpr m4a, which is sort of YT's native format, so it's just extracted from the video, not converted again). Available freely for macOS and Windows, give it a try!

And fwiw, for Android there's TubeMate, doing the same kinda thing (you need to allow installation from APKs outside of the Play Store):

And now let me have a look around here, quite some "faces" I still remember...

Welcome and thanks for submitting these, man!!!

And most of us here had an unfavorable ending with TGP, you’re with family now! :ROFLMAO:

Back