Two Notes Revolt Guitar

hippietim

Roadie
I am giving my Strymon Iridium to my son. But I still want a box around that people can use when they come over to jam but aren't used to modelers. The Two Notes Revolt ticks all the boxes for simplicity - 3 switches and regular knobs for each channel. What a disappointment. It sounds small, thin, and harsh compared to all the other modeling platforms.

Thinking of a Tech 21 Character series or maybe one of the Amazon Flyrig ripoff boxes. Any other ideas?

I've been enjoying my Revolt. I set mine up for the clean channel to be boosted at startup. Then I replaced the PS Vane tube with a Mesa SPAX7. I don't use the emulated cab out, though. Straight into a pedal amp and on to a regular cab. I've seen plenty of mixed reviews, though. Maybe I got lucky?

I know this won’t gain much traction here but the AmpliFirebox II is the bomb. It blows away anything I have tried in that form factor. Iridium, Revolt, Simplifier DLX, Boss IR-200… etc.

I've been enjoying my Revolt. I set mine up for the clean channel to be boosted at startup. Then I replaced the PS Vane tube with a Mesa SPAX7. I don't use the emulated cab out, though. Straight into a pedal amp and on to a regular cab. I've seen plenty of mixed reviews, though. Maybe I got lucky?

I was pretty jazzed to try one until the mixed reviews piled in, but I’d probably want to run one similar to your setup, straight into a PS100 to cab.

I’m curious how it stacks up relative to Synergy preamps, which are great.

I was actually expecting a lot of this one, too. Thought of it as a possible replacement for my Amplifirebox/Amp Academy combo on my live board, simply because I just happen to dig WYSIWYG. But as I'd defenitely want nice clean sounds, I was almost shocked as they were sooo lackluster in all demos I watched. Too bad as it otherwise seems to be a pretty well thought out unit.

Into the CAB M where it picks up power amp modeling, EQ and Two Notes speaker simulation (or 3rd party IR's) helps it a lot. Into a DAW with Wall of Sound running it is a nice analog front end any traditional amp user can enjoy.
Without that it is mediocre but at less than the price of a CAB M plus the Revolt you could get a Yamaha THR 10 or any other small modeling amp and a non-modeling type user will be just as happy without needing to learn about the CAB M to get good sounds.

Using ReVolt 4CM into a decent tube amp it is a nice additional 3 preamp device. Into a Fryette Lxii power amp and a 2x12 with cream backs it was a solid 8 out of 10.
Actually, the clean channel with the built in boost turned on is pretty sweet anyway you use it.

Last edited:
Into the CAB M where it picks up power amp modeling, EQ and Two Notes speaker simulation (or 3rd party IR's) helps it a lot. Into a DAW with Wall of Sound running it is a nice analog front end any traditional amp user can enjoy.
Without that it is mediocre but at less than the price of a CAB M plus the Revolt you could get a Yamaha THR 10 or any other small modeling amp and a non-modeling type user will be just as happy without needing to learn about the CAB M to get good sounds.

Using ReVolt 4CM into a decent tube amp it is a nice additional 3 preamp device. Into a Fryette Lxii power amp and a 2x12 with cream backs it was a solid 8 out of 10.
Actually, the clean channel with the built in boost turned on is pretty sweet anyway you use it.
The clean channel is sweet with or without boost… but once you use the boost… we’ll it’s hard to go back to it without it.

kinda like a JCM800 with or without boost IMO.

I tried it as a pedalboard amp replacement and I was disappointed with it. The cleans were extremely bland and uninspiring and what I really need is a good base clean. A huge part is the analog cab sim. I don’t think it’s very good. Sure I could add an IR pedal after it but for the total space and cost there are better solutions for what I want.

It may be better for recording and I can definitely see it being useful for adding additional channels to an amp but those aren’t what I need it for.

I’m confused why y’all didn’t like this one…sounds great!
Clean channel super fendry (not my thing)…but with the boost on it gets the mid hump/low cut I need.

Crunch channel sounds great…with the boost engaged I can imagine to some peeps it lacks lows…in my mind this will work great in a mix.
Lead channel…modern lead sound…not my goto…but good for what it is.

midicontrolled, cabsim as a backup…200,- used/350,- new?….I’d imagine this thing deserves more popularity;)

Yeah, price seems to be right - and I was actually anticipating this before it was released. But none of the sound demos got me. Personally, I'd rather save a little more money and consider an IR-X.
Seems like a great option also.
To me…the IR part isn’t of value cause I want that separate. (stereo to 2 returns, cabsimmed to foh).

The more I play this unit…to more I look at my main board as a candidate for shrinking to a smaller one…kicking revivaldrive and effectrode blackbird(current preamps) off…es5 can probably also go in that scenario….hmmm…

I’m confused why y’all didn’t like this one…sounds great!
Clean channel super fendry (not my thing)…but with the boost on it gets the mid hump/low cut I need.

Crunch channel sounds great…with the boost engaged I can imagine to some peeps it lacks lows…in my mind this will work great in a mix.
Lead channel…modern lead sound…not my goto…but good for what it is.

midicontrolled, cabsim as a backup…200,- used/350,- new?….I’d imagine this thing deserves more popularity;)
I didn't give mine a fair shake, methinks. I only used it with it's onboard cab sim, and I never tried my trusted IRs with it.

It was also an open box unit, so it didn't have the midi cable, so I couldn't use midi with it, and I just got turned off on it.

Back