Tonex pedal: stereo?

I don’t think the pedal itself can generate any kind of actual stereo signal. It is basically a dual path, which is helpful for some applications I suppose.

I’m hoping they will enable bypassing cab simulation on one output and enabling it on the other.
I’d be able to send one to power amp and guitar cab and the other to near field monitors and bonus points if you could control muting either/both with midi.
it seems like I’m swapping cables between destinations many times per day to accomplish that right now.

I was curious because I don't really hear anything "stereo" out of it in headphones. I wondered if I was missing it.

I was curious because I don't really hear anything "stereo" out of it in headphones. I wondered if I was missing it.

The stereo effect from the reverb is subtle, but I'm pretty certain it is there - it is in the standalone software and plugin at least, so no reason to suspect that it is any different in the pedal.

If I look at my AxeIO control panel whilst playing through the ToneX software with the reverb turned off, the output meters for the left and right channels "move" in perfect unison, but when I switch the reverb on, they do start to "move" independently, and the peak output is different.

The stereo effect from the reverb is subtle, but I'm pretty certain it is there - it is in the standalone software and plugin at least, so no reason to suspect that it is any different in the pedal.

If I look at my AxeIO control panel whilst playing through the ToneX software with the reverb turned off, the output meters for the left and right channels "move" in perfect unison, but when I switch the reverb on, they do start to "move" independently, and the peak output is different.

Thanks for these details

Back