Tone X Capture Thread

@norminal - Got a Laney VH100R DI capture coming up.....

1678646241238.png

And SOLD! Fastest deal ever. Wow.
I thought it was a good deal. I saw it this morning and was thinking about it. Obviously, he who hesitates loses out...lol

Could I talk you into that Tonex file that you are running in your Kemper captures?

I have captured a really Hot JMP here with Tonex, then, re-captured it using the Mooer MNRS program. Dang, it is
almost identical!

You had a great idea, it is awesome!

Gary

Don't be silly. If I wanted to charge for it, I'd make a s**t ton of captures of varying quality, and jump on the Facebook groups hawking my "pro pack bro no really" using bad webcam footage.

Here you go!
Dude, you rock! Thank you! I’m going to go get lost in this tonight.

BTW, I was being super lazy. I didn't plug my guitar in once to make that capture. Just used the 'Hammer' audio file to confirm everything.

I don't think anyone has truly appreciated how cool this is - being able to make a capture without fucking around with your own playing, refining, etc etc.... allows you to just focus on listening to the A/B.

BTW, I was being super lazy. I didn't plug my guitar in once to make that capture. Just used the 'Hammer' audio file to confirm everything.

I don't think anyone has truly appreciated how cool this is - being able to make a capture without f*****g around with your own playing, refining, etc etc.... allows you to just focus on listening to the A/B.
Yeah I mean I think it sounds killer! Not sure what the amp actually sounds like but paired with a YA Mesa IR it's great

Yeah I mean I think it sounds killer! Not sure what the amp actually sounds like but paired with a YA Mesa IR it's great

ToneX versus D-Moll into Suhr Reactive load. Same IR.

I did have to tweak ToneX a fair bit to get it closer. I don't mind a bit of difference, as long as they aren't annoying Kemper flubby shit differences.

ToneX versus D-Moll into Suhr Reactive load. Same IR.

I did have to tweak ToneX a fair bit to get it closer. I don't mind a bit of difference, as long as they aren't annoying Kemper flubby s**t differences.

Did you bump the treble and gain on Tone X?

So far I've gotten the closest gain staging yet by using boosting the output level for the capture signal by 6dB and bypassing that boost after capture. Was able to get a capture that matched without a gain trim, and this sounds pretty indistinguishable from the source. My rocktron piranha preamp! (VHT is not in the capture)

1678656692077.png

Last edited:
The review eeeeeeeeeeveryone has been waiting for: haven't watched it - I save TM reviews for sleepless nights when I need his boredom to put me to sleep).

The review eeeeeeeeeeveryone has been waiting for: haven't watched it - I save TM reviews for sleepless nights when I need his boredom to put me to sleep).

He literally doesn’t know what he is complaining about. I gave up when he started going on about the 500 page effects manual for a pedal that doesn’t have any of those effects on it!

He literally doesn’t know what he is complaining about. I gave up when he started going on about the 500 page effects manual for a pedal that doesn’t have any of those effects on it!
As I've said a million times before, I often find watching an idiot fumble his way through a piece of gear, to the extent I have patience to watch it, can tell me a lot .more about a piece of gear than what Pete Thorn does with it.

Back