Thoughts on the PRS Mark Tremonti MT15?

KingsXJJ

Roadie
Any users want to add their thoughts on it’s strengths and weaknesses?

I’m thinking about trying one…

I’m not a really big fan, tbh. There’s not a lot of gradience on the gain channel, and the clean channel is bland. I’d rather go for a DSL20HR, or 6505MH, if you’re going for gainy shit.

Yeah, that’s another issue; the amp is too noisy for my taste, and the loops on at least the original ones suck. Apparently they might have fixed that though.
To add to the confusion; trying to figure if a used one is one of the noisier units is apparently impossible?

I’ve played it 2-3 times, it’s a badass amp. Decent glossy clean channel. Loads of gain on the lead channel. Tight, good clarity under gain. Ridiculously loud for 15w. Lunchbox size. Great price.

It does have an inherent tone for bro-metal, which was the only real drawback.

I ended up buying the Stealth 6L6 when I was giving it serious consideration, but I have on more than a couple occasions thought about buying it, particularly when GC does 15-20% off everything sales, because the amp is already a great price, but is a stupid value around $600.

I played one twice at a shop.
I actually liked it, can be quite tight. Like a 5150 ll (whose circuit is way tighter than a 5150 l or SLO).
Also the clean channel is quite decent. But I am rather dispassionate and no expert in that field

So, its gain channel is definitely in the SLO / 5150 ballpark. For my taste way to gainy, would reside around 10 o'clock with stronger bridge pickups.
For the price I find it quite ok, if one can get away with the noise.

Had one for a couple years. I found the clean channel to be a great pedal platform, tons of headroom for the watts in this little head.
The gain channel was pretty bad and nothing like a SLO/5150 IMO more like a recto, super thick and decently tight, with the worst guitar volume cleanup imaginable.
Had PRS made an amp like this with more of a Marshall voicing for the lead channel it would be a hit me thinks.

I played one twice at a shop.
I actually liked it, can be quite tight. Like a 5150 ll (whose circuit is way tighter than a 5150 l or SLO).
Also the clean channel is quite decent. But I am rather dispassionate and no expert in that field

So, its gain channel is definitely in the SLO / 5150 ballpark. For my taste way to gainy, would reside around 10 o'clock with stronger bridge pickups.
For the price I find it quite ok, if one can get away with the noise.

Had one for a couple years. I found the clean channel to be a great pedal platform, tons of headroom for the watts in this little head.
The gain channel was pretty bad and nothing like a SLO/5150 IMO more like a recto, super thick and decently tight, with the worst guitar volume cleanup imaginable.
Had PRS made an amp like this with more of a Marshall voicing for the lead channel it would be a hit me thinks.
I agree with both of these

I’ve played it 2-3 times, it’s a badass amp. Decent glossy clean channel. Loads of gain on the lead channel. Tight, good clarity under gain. Ridiculously loud for 15w. Lunchbox size. Great price.

It does have an inherent tone for bro-metal, which was the only real drawback.

I ended up buying the Stealth 6L6 when I was giving it serious consideration, but I have on more than a couple occasions thought about buying it, particularly when GC does 15-20% off everything sales, because the amp is already a great price, but is a stupid value around $600.
Ok, I’ll bite… what the heck is bro-metal?

Ok, I’ll bite… what the heck is bro-metal?

Think Creed and Alter Bridge. (I’m not a hater btw) The amp pretty much suits his music, as you would expect. I don’t think it has a lot of unique character, but like I say, I really have been impressed with it every time I’ve played it. Tight, lots of gain with good note separation under it.

Back