They made $9m on this video and they couldn’t even give us a guitar!

littlebadboy

Roadie
Some time ago, Fender grouped together today's notable rock guitarists to promote their line of expensive custom guitars that were tributes to the epic series, Game of Thrones.

Ian Scott, in a Guitar World interview says, "“We all thought that that was kind of going to be the thing at the end of the session,” Ian told the crowd. “That we would each get to have the one we played, because [usually] that's what happens.” But, that wasn't the case. Disgruntled Nuno told him in a text, "These motherfuckers! I just did the math. They made about nine-million dollars on this fucking video we made and they couldn't even give us a guitar!"

Rest of the article is here.

Thoughts?

I'm struggling to feel bad for them...

I'm assuming they got paid for the appearance/performance?

Side with the Corp and take issue with the Artist? If history is any indication of how things
tend to play out then that sounds about right to me, TS.

It’s Fender. There should have been a clear agreement before anything. This isnt a mom and pop builder and these aren’t casual musicians. Time is money. Advertising is money.
I agree and with options for keeping the guitar payout vs std payout.

Something tells me they'll get a guitar, soon.:rofl

I have no hard opinion on this other than it should have been clear or negotiated at the beginning.
Also think it's uncool if Scott outed Nuno like that without his consent. Nuno probably wouldn't care but you never know.

Sounds like they dodged a bullet. The entire last season absolutely ruined the whole show and turned it into a punchline….which Nuno is still waiting for.

I could only watch about 30 seconds of that video. Maybe half the views where cut short so it only made 4.5 million dollars. I would have to draw the line at 5 million in ad Revenue to give out 4 free guitars.

But hey, what do I know.
Sad Happy Hour GIF

Back