They’re asking the important questions on Reddit

DrewJD82

Staff member
IMG_1135.jpeg

Probably the best jerk I’ve seen yet. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Unrelated to op but in the last few years I can find a lot more useful information regarding just about anything on Reddit than anywhere else, including gear.
That's the last few places where you can find real information by people without agenda.

Unrelated to op but in the last few years I can find a lot more useful information regarding just about anything on Reddit than anywhere else, including gear.
That's the last few places where you can find real information by people without agenda.
Because forums in general died.
Unfortunately /r/guitar mods are batshit crazy.

Ha. We had Hot for Teacher play at our wedding ceremony after the I Do's and kisses because I'm kinda younger than her. And she's a teacher.

We were introduced to Lamb Of God’s ”Walk With Me In Hell” because I didn’t realize it‘s a “Play the song, make it a reality” kinda thing until it it was too late. I mean, the song was a love song the guitarist wrote for his wife, but I think I got the literal version.

We were introduced to Lamb Of God’s ”Walk With Me In Hell” because I didn’t realize it‘s a “Play the song, make it a reality” kinda thing until it it was too late. I mean, the song was a love song the guitarist wrote for his wife, but I think I got the literal version.
Hmm, trying to remember what was playing on the radio for my first wedding at the drive-through in Reno. Another One Bites The Dust, IIRC

In some niche areas, yeah, but there's still a considerable amount of astroturfing that goes on there. I was a mod there before everything went to shit.

It absolutely can, but man there are a lot of people on there who have gotten all their life-learning from Reddit and I can see them running into serious social issues if they ever have to interact with life off the internet. Specifically in the relationship advice/amiwrong/amItheasshole subs, just pick any one of those subs and a find a post with about 1000 comments, read the OP then read the comments.

OP- “My wife really doesn’t like turkey and wants to make a chicken for Thanksgiving, I said that’s kind of rude as we’re having a lot of family over who will be expecting turkey, am I wrong?”

Reddit-

“Your wife is clearly cheating on you, probably with someone taller. You’re the asshole because you shouldn’t be so controlling. Not everyone wants to play your stupid traditional roles”

”I think this is more than a turkey. Have you two been to a therapist? Maybe she needs her hormone levels checked. It’s a possibility your cat is dealing heroin and she feels guilty about it because you’re never around to teach the cat any better. Get a divorce and you have some thinking to do about how you treat people in the future”

There’s a *huge* lack of advice on conflict resolution or effective communication, just people projecting shit they heard in a shitload of rage bait/fake posts. Don’t even get me started on the lack of ability to recognize satire or obvious trolls. That place is like walking onto the set of The Invention of Lying. :rofl

Specifically in the relationship advice/amiwrong/amItheasshole subs,
Oh man, those subs.
- My wife exists.
- Don't leave the house! Lawyer up! Divorce is the only solution.

And the comical level of "political correctness" to the point of absurdity. The other day a user was banned from /r/therewasanattempt because he wrote "female" in the title, after his post got thousands of upvotes. "Female" is now offensive?

It's a very mixed bag.

On one hand, there's people who know a ton about some niche subject you didn't know you wanted to read about but find in some random post about something completely different. I love finding that stuff, actual smart human beings willing to share their knowledge and willing to discuss it like adults.

Then the flipside is the kind of people who post on r/adviceanimals (or "put your shitty opinion on top of a picture of a duck"), all the bots hocking their scams, the misuse of the downvote for "I don't like this" instead of "this doesn't contribute to the discussion" so some actually valid comments get buried and then just people being downright dumb by not being able to explain what they are trying to ask and expecting people to read their minds.

I do love some of the legendary shitposts like basically the whole post history of u/shittymorph.

Reddit has unfortunately really shittified the service by nearly banning 3rd party mobile apps so it has been in a decline for about half a year, with the low effort bullshit floating to the surface. So far no other service has risen as a viable successor, though Lemmy seems promising and I hope it starts to pick up more steam.

Back