These kids are good

A few generations late haha, a little Static X and Motorhead.
I have a thing for that lattttttttttte 80's, 90-91 industrial tinged metal. I would LOVE to do a band in that vein where you can bring some of that Prove You Wrong Vibe with the riff from Meantime together :satan I'm not fully sold on kids voice just yet but I feel like he is growing into it and it will get even better with time \m/

Damn, that was fun! That drum sound reminded me of the first two Korn albums and they had a bit of an SOAD thing going on but I actually liked it :ROFLMAO:. These kids will be ripppppin if they keep this stuff up, that was tight!

I dig it…except for the vocals…

jim carrey singing GIF

I have a thing for that lattttttttttte 80's, 90-91 industrial tinged metal. I would LOVE to do a band in that vein where you can bring some of that Prove You Wrong Vibe with the riff from Meantime together :satan I'm not fully sold on kids voice just yet but I feel like he is growing into it and it will get even better with time \m/
I'm right there with you! I used to do it too! But I'm old now and my songs will wither without an audience haha

They f*cking killed it!!!!!!!!!

I was dragging ass and got there a little late, so I only saw half their set, but I watched from FOH as my buddy who does sound there ran their set and helped the next “live sound “engineers”” (double quotes are intentional) figure their sh*t out.

Man, if these kids keep going they’re going to be fucking GREAT!!! There’s no studio trickery in their recordings, kids are playing tiny ass amps mic’d up onstage and DESTROYED that place. The audience ate them up!!!!

It was like a Fended Rumble for the bass and some tiny Marshall head/cab for the guitar, like an Origin head or something and a 2x12.

Darkest Hour was SICK!!! I never heard them before and they f*cking SLAYED!! Downloaded all their albums immediately. All 5150III’s and sounded GREAT!

Upon A Burning Body…..eh….the band is great, no dis to them, but their sound guy sucks f*cking pig balls, bass and guitars were on modelers and I COMPLETELY get what people say when they say “there was no balls because they went direct”. The f*cking practice amps the kids were using DESTROYED whatever these guys were using. The singer cups the mic nonstop and kept feeding back to the point it was uncomfortable and getting 3/4’s the audience to turn and look at the sound man. Like I said, band was great, but their live sound f*cking sucks. They had some issues setting up, my buddy Jeff runs sound at the venue and was trying to help but they kept brushing him away, so I sent him this as it was happening- (Jeff has his arms crossed)

BFA4808A-8F35-4920-AF41-1995BEE5182B.jpeg

In Flames…..I dropped off after Soundtrack To Your Escape, but holy sh*t, they delivered. Broderick RIPS!!!
F9C254B7-EAE3-4A03-BE9F-614B5B72C153.jpeg

They played an AWESOME set and it was particularly cool seeing Anders crack up when giving thanks to the crowd. I’ve semi-followed them in the last 15 years and know they’ve played much bigger venues/tours than this, but holy sh*t they’ve got some fans down here! I didn’t even realize how popular they were, but he could drop the mic at any point and the audience would just carry along twice as loud. He legit started crying when thanking the crowd and that sh*t is the most endearing and touching stuff I can take in.

Great f*cking show!!! Bonus points- I met my future 2nd ex-wife while standing in line. As much as I want to remain single, I have a huge soft spot for hot metal chicks and I ended up spending the entire show with this woman, who is coming over this weekend to work on some music.

Very, very glad I went to this show. And tomorrow night is Vai!!!!!

Jeff looks p!ssed :cuss Good to hear about the kids. We have a future after all :satan Is there much room for Broderick to get his robot shred on in In Flames? That has always been a band where I should have followed more than I did as they were coming up.

Sounds like a rad time, Drew. I have been on the Hammerhead bandwagon since JT posted the other day.

And damn, Broderick's been hitting the weights a little, eh?

Jeff looks p!ssed :cuss Good to hear about the kids. We have a future after all :satan Is there much room for Broderick to get his robot shred on in In Flames? That has always been a band where I should have followed more than I did as they were coming up.

I’m not enough of an In Flames fan to know if he was playing the solos note for note or doing his own thing, I just know he was straight f*ckin’ rippin’ the entire night, so I’d say he’s definitely got room in the band!

What I thought was really cool was he was singing along to almost every song, totally looked like he belonged in that band and had been there since day one.

Anders introduced him and said “Everyone say hi to Chris……we love Chris……we won’t treat him….like that other guy did.” :rofl

My ears are wrecked and I’ve got Vai tonight…..I already know this show is going to be stupid loud because it was borderline uncomfortable the last time he played here and Vai shows are always stupid loud. Definitely bringing earplugs tonight.

I’m not enough of an In Flames fan to know if he was playing the solos note for note or doing his own thing, I just know he was straight f*ckin’ rippin’ the entire night, so I’d say he’s definitely got room in the band!

What I thought was really cool was he was singing along to almost every song, totally looked like he belonged in that band and had been there since day one.

Anders introduced him and said “Everyone say hi to Chris……we love Chris……we won’t treat him….like that other guy did.” :rofl
:rofl :rofl :rofl

Impromptu earplugs for live concerts: Mug a cigarette from someone, peel off the filter, rip it in half,
roll it up, and stick in ears. Done!

I do this at rehearsals, gigs, and even while vacuuming in the house. :rofl

I was desperate at a very loud concert many moons ago and it occurred to me to use a cigarette filter.
It worked. I like the way it attenuates just enough dBs to take the edge off, but doesn't squash the higher
frequencies so much that everything sounds dull.

I am religious and fanatical about protecting my hearing. It's precious and easily squandered.

Impromptu earplugs for live concerts: Mug a cigarette from someone, peel off the filter, rip it in half,
roll it up, and stick in ears. Done!

I do this at rehearsals, gigs, and even while vacuuming in the house. :rofl

I was desperate at a very loud concert many moons ago and it occurred to me to use a cigarette filter.
It worked. I like the way it attenuates just enough dBs to take the edge off, but doesn't squash the higher
frequencies so much that everything sounds dull.

I am religious and fanatical about protecting my hearing. It's precious and easily squandered.

I’ll remember that for the future! Thankfully, I have a whole box full of earplugs as I make my staff wear them whenever they’re leafblowing the property or when we test run the generator, which literally looks like a locomotive and is louder than any train I’ve ever heard.

I have tried the higher-end plugs made for musicians and blech! Construction plugs are
for construction. Maybe something is better than nothing --- in a pinch.

It's really hard to find some protection that doesn't diminish the full sensation of loud music. :LOL:

I have tried the higher-end plugs made for musicians and blech! Construction plugs are
for construction. Maybe something is better than nothing --- in a pinch.

It's really hard to find some protection that doesn't diminish the full sensation of loud music. :LOL:

I had some Hearos for a while that weren’t bad, I think just getting a pair in in-ears with the tiny mics mounted on them is probably the only way to get around the “there goes all the treble” issue of earplugs.

Yeah, that's fucking great, and I'm old school and cheap on compliment.

This is from 2017, five years a go as kids, damn impressive and tight by all metal standards.

Back