The Unofficial Gallery of Boogies

This has been my only Mesa. :cry:
6fb7cf00c06ab90e47be14151448b03c.jpg

I loved using it as a clean boost, flavorer. Like an idiot, I sold it around 8 yrs ago.

I still have mine. I've thought about selling it many times but never could bring myself to do it. I gigged with just that pedal into a Super Reverb for quite a while.

Holy f**k! What a collection!!

Talk to me about the California tweed. My impression initially was that it’s a mesa-Ford DR but obviously tweed is in the name
To follow up on this I set the amp up.

It definitely isn't good for me with humbuckers, but, running it with single coils and it is AMAZING! This is coming off of having the 1964 AC50 setup right before it.

Last edited:
I still have mine. I've thought about selling it many times but never could bring myself to do it. I gigged with just that pedal into a Super Reverb for quite a while.
Smart move. I used mine mainly as a clean boost into a Traynor YGM-3 or Carvin Legacy I.
Rarely did I use the lead side.

Here's a bunch of different boogies I've had over the years. Most of these saw time live with bands I've played with.

My mid 2000s rig, nice hybrid of solid state and tubes:
2008_rig.jpg

My late 2000s rig:
2009_rig.jpg

My circa 2015-2017 rig, this was honestly a bit much but I did play shows with this. I modded the TR to a series effects loop as well:
2016_rig.jpg

Then I plastidipped the triple rec and blacked out the knobs:

triplerectifier.jpg

My JP2C and RV25. I had the RV25 for about a year, and I've had a few Mini recs and the Mark V25 as well. The JP2C I had for about 5 years and just recently sold it to a friend:

20200224_182011.jpg

So those are the Mesa amps I no longer own. I'll post a pic of the current family in a few days. It's no secret I'm a total Mesa fanboy.

Last edited:
Speaking of pedals, I forgot to mention that I have one of these I really like it.

I was told it could replicate the Drive function on the Clean channel of my TC-50 and it does a pretty good job of that. It was really frustrating that the Drive function couldn't be switched by MIDI. I got the pedal so that I didn't have to go back to the amp and flick the switch every time I wanted drive.

MesaBoogie_Gridslammer_800x.jpg

I hear it's a great pedal! I've had a few of the others and they are awesome.
I agree. It’s way more versatile than what one would expect with a pedal like this. Top notch Mesa quality even in their pedals. Unfortunately it will be this pedal and various forms of modeling to get my Mesa Boogie fix but I’m fine with that 😎

I was surprisingly impressed by the Grid Slammer. It gets little mention on the gear forums.
Maybe now, but when it first came out it was discussed a lot. It's a great overdrive. Being that it's a little boxy and has a bit more bass than a standard TS, it really is a great mix with the Badlander amps.

Back